Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new A5 3" and I am having issues with the extractor. After a very through cleaning I am still finding the extractor claw slips from the hull prior to the spend shell being ejected. I am sure it is the extractor as it will happen with no shells in the magazine, just firing the one in the chamber. It will be pulled part way out then the claw loses the brass.

Before I contact Browning has anyone had this issue and could you fix it without sending the gun back?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Try a couple types of ammo of varying shot weight and powder charge. Did you clean out the chamber after getting it? It could have some nasty packing grease residue. It could be hanging up just enough to over power the extractor spring. YMMV...

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Also try polishing the chamber, mine was filthy. Wrap a bore brush with some 0000 steel wool and use a liberal amount of oil/clp and a drill motor, I was having extraction issues until I did this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
success! the polishing worked wonders. I was able to fire everything from skeet to magnum loads no issues.

it is a lot heavier kicker than my maxus but that is to be expected

thanks guys you saved me a lot of frustration

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Good to hear, you'd think that Browning would do this at the factory, this has happened to quite a few members here and elsewhere. In fact, you'd think that they all would do, it's not just Browning. I will say, I have never had thia issue with any Benelli I have ever owned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought that myself Darryle. This A5 seems to be a shooter I like the sight plane but time will tell if it holds up as well as my old SBEII.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.