Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crew ~

After salivating over the Cordoba for more than a year, I finally bought one. I opted for the 30" - 12ga. and boy does it shoot nice. I went through the usual buyers remorse period for a couple of days, but looking back I wouldn't have been happier with any other gun (for those that aren't familiar with the Cordoba, it's a SS with the black matte finish).

I purchased 2 boxes of 3" for "breaking in" and 4 boxes of standard target loads. A friend of mine called and said a few of his friends were getting together for some shooting (two of the guys have nice electric throwers). I haven't even fired my gun yet, so I was hoping we could pull over along the way and crack off some 3" into a dirt bank before we got to the shooting area, but that didn't happen. When we arrived there were 7 of his friends & 4 of them had just purchased Stoeger Condors.

Talk about pressure, I hadn't even shot my gun & felt I had to perform better than the other guys to justify the heftier price tag. Long story short, I hit my first 8 with the standard target loads and missed a few along the way. I ended up shooting over 150 rounds that day & never had one cycling problem. I ran through all of my shells so I had to borrow some. I shot everything from Remmy's & Winchesters to the dirty Estates.

The gun shot like a dream and was a pure joy to shoot. I hope to get out this weekend and properly break in the gun.

All in all, I'm a proud Benelli owner & very happy to be here!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats,

I have had my 12ga 28" Cordoba for several months now and it has cycled flawlessly. I had another Italian Autoloader (Beretta AL391) that plagued me with cycling issues, I just sold it today. You should sleep well for the money you paid is worth knowing that the gun will fire EVERY time you pull the trigger. It is also a bonus not to have to be anal about cleaning it, and when you do it takes a few minutes not 30 like my other gas gun. I added the raised comb because it fit me better that way. Happy clay bashing and hunting!

Cheers and beers,

Wm

·
Registered
56 Posts
robinhood,

I can say that I'm in the salivating stage too. But hopefully for only a few more months!
Since you bought a 'doba, you must have been considering the SS as well. I wondering what tipped the scale in favor of the cordoba.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Potsy,

You are correct, I was also considering the SS. I went with the Cordoba for a couple of reasons. The main reason was the feel of the grip-tight finish. I really like the "tacky" feel. Plus I have always liked the look of an all black shotgun.

It's all about personal preference, as you know. Go with the one that feels the best to you. In my opinion, you can't go wrong either way.

Good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the Benelli family of fine shooters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts