Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at cabelas last week, looking at some mid ranged semi-autos, and the salesman showed me a Beretta 390 in 20 gauge. I wasn't aware that they still made these guns. It is a black synthetic gun, and I can not find it on Beretta's website. The gun was around $600, but he told me that the gun goes onsale for $349 at Cabelas a few times a year, so I should watch for it. Is anyone familiar with this gun? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the Cabelas in KC. I've been there several times to look at guns, but i never saw this one, because it is at the back of their rack, behind 4 other guns. I was looking at 11-87, and asked if he reccommended any other guns in that price range, and he pulled the 390 out.

It appears as a simple gun, I realize its not as fancy as other berettas, but i'm more concerned with action than appearance. I'll just be using it for clays, turkey hunting, crow hunting, and maybe some upland hunting. Is this a good gun even for the original $600 price?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I actually shoot a 391; but my dad has a 390 12G and he absolutely will never part with it. He really doesn't shoot it often, but when he does he seems to be deadly acurate with it. I like the mount when it throws to your shoulder b/c it really puts your eye on line with the barrel. Hope this helps in your decision.

Hank

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have 2 391 Sporting models in 12 gauge, but am looking for a less expensive 20 gauge 390/391 to use in small bore sporting events. I wouldn't run out and buy the 390 20 for $600, but would definately slap down $395 for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since there seems to be good thoughts about the gun, i'm leaning towards buying the beretta 390. Would it be fine to shoot 20ga. buckshot with this gun, or should i stick with lighter loads?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts