Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know much about Berettas but saw IMO one of the best looking shotguns I can recall at the range this week. It was a 12 gauge O&U, 28" barrels, what looked like very high grade wood and a stainless receiver. I assumed it was a high end Silver Pigeon but the owner said it wasn't, said it was a new model but I can't recall the model name he mentioned. Couldn't find it in Beretta's on line cartalog. Anyone know what this supposed new O&U is called and anything about them? Thanks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock finish looks the same. The owner said it ran around $3,000. I'm a 30 year dedicated Remington 1100 shooter and have never spent that kind of money for a firearm but that Beretta's got me thinking.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I just purchased a new Beretta 686 White Onyx Sporting O/U last Tuesday. It is my first O/U as well. All I can say is my 686 is a quality made shotgun. The fit and finish are superb and it is an absolute dream to shoot. Go with the Beretta O/U, you won't be disappointed. My 686 Sporting was $2018.18 out the door.

·
Registered
146 Posts
These guns are sweet. I have the Perenia with the Kick Off system it is the field version of Prevail. There are so many built in features it'll make you go nuts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
AtlBerettaMan said:
These guns are sweet. I have the Perenia with the Kick Off system it is the field version of Prevail. There are so many built in features it'll make you go nuts.
I have a prevail on the way without the kick off system. I am 5'9". I am sure it can be added later but do you think it is that much of a difference? I left it off due to my short height.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Red Legs said:
AtlBerettaMan said:
I have a prevail on the way without the kick off system. I am 5'9". I am sure it can be added later but do you think it is that much of a difference? I left it off due to my short height.
Yeah it really does make a difference! I am 5'10" and the Kick-off doesn't bother me. If it did you can change the recoil pad just like any other beretta to make it shorter. It is the same recoil pads screwed into the kick-off system that they put directly on to the wood stocks of the rest of their guns.

·
Registered
18 Posts
AtlBerettaMan said:
Red Legs said:
AtlBerettaMan said:
Yeah it really does make a difference! I am 5'10" and the Kick-off doesn't bother me. If it did you can change the recoil pad just like any other beretta to make it shorter. It is the same recoil pads screwed into the kick-off system that they put directly on to the wood stocks of the rest of their guns.
Thanks. I have held a gun without the system and was told that if I got the system it would add length to the gun. You just cleared that up for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Red Legs said:
AtlBerettaMan said:
Update: I have the kick-off being added on my order. They claim 28" barrel length is the only length option with kick-off???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts