Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Well the nice thing about all this is: I don't give a rats rump what any "actor" thinks.

I never figured out why their opinion should carry any weight on any subject!

These people are hired (at an rediculous salary) to play a part in a play/movie/etc. Most aren't smart enough to have an opinion!

He won't last long anyway

·
Registered
964 Posts
Any actor that despises guns and martinis should NOT assume the role of James Bond. I love James Bond movies (well, I did until they put out that last one, which SUCKED), but I don't know if I'm going to see this one now that I know that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I haven't seen a James Bond movie in years. Sean Connery was James Bond, George Lazenby sucked, Roger Moore started off OK, then sucked with age, Timothy Dalton sucked and I have yet to see one with Pierce Brosnan. It just isn't the same.
By the way, Jill StJohn is the hottest Bond girl ever (the redhead in Diamonds are Forever).

As far as this new guy's dislike of hand guns, I say "who cares". I probably won't watch his movie anyway. Since these new Bonds came along, I don't enjoy the movies.

Doug Gordon

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Sean Connery is, was, or ever will be, the only James Bond.............period.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Can't say I ever sat thru a Bond movie, Connery was the best though and ranked right up there as a talented actor til I found out how anti-gun/anti-hunt he was.

I probably missed a good show in "Hunt for Red October", but after a few minutes of Baldwin and Connery, knowing their positions on gun rights, I passed on watching it. Them and alot of other actors may perform their craft well, but are hypocrites to the nth degree.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'm getting tired of the new Bond movies portraying women as female Bonds. I'm all for equality and respect for women but that's not what the Bond movies are about. Halle Berry ruined the last movie for me because it came off as corny.

As far as the new guy, who cares what he thinks? He isn't Sean Connery and he won't dethrone him as the best. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts