Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a quick question about my new Browning A5, which is also my first semi auto shotgun. Its a waterfowl model chambered for 3.5" shells, and has only ever seen 3.5" shells, and periodically (3 times in total, with maybe about 75 shots between instances) the gun will eject the spent shell, but not fully load in the new shell. So I pull the trigger, gun goes boom, throws the empty hull, grabs a new one from the magazine, loads it on the lifter but can't quite get it into the chamber. Maybe it goes part way, but it clears easy by pulling on the bolt handle, so its not stuck. Its like it ran out of energy. Is this a matter of me not shouldering the gun properly on those shots? Its always at a live bird so sometimes i go into a sort of autopilot mode, i dont feel the recoil or hear the noise it seems like so something like holding the gun a little differently isn't out of the question. Also, i clean it very often and lube the rails. I don't think its due to lack of cleaning or lube.
I havent been able to find this issue, just about the stovepiping which mine has never done.
Thanks!

·
Registered
814 Posts
I watched a guy enter the "extreme frustration zone" at the 5-stand range when his new Browning A5 would not cycle...made up my mind right then and there that Browning was not worthy of my hard earned dollars...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I watched a guy enter the "extreme frustration zone" at the 5-stand range when his new Browning A5 would not cycle...made up my mind right then and there that Browning was not worthy of my hard earned dollars...
The maxus is a solid gun along with the silver and golds.. they really missed on the A5 though in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the replies. We'll see how this gun holds up moving forward, I plan on doing even more regular cleaning for now, like after each use, and if this continues to happen i may just take the hit and trade it in. My previous shotgun was a Nova so I got used to the reliability.

·
Registered
522 Posts
My OLD A-5 will load-shoot-eject about anything with a 12 on the head stamp.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I have a new Sweet 16, and it has hunted in about 8 different states, and knocked down 8-10 different species. Had it for a few years now. Even won an Annie Oakley with it!
Not so much as a bobble. Could possibly be my favorite hunting shotgun at the moment!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts