Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Browning Liege 12ga 28" over and under that I bought new years ago. It had about 20 rounds fired in it and I then cleaned it and put it away for what seems now like 30 years or so. This shotgun is like brand new without a scratch on it and looks like like it was on the store shelf. I bought it years ago at a Chicacgo Eddie Bauer store when the moved out of Chicago.

I'm thinking of trading it or selling it because I will never use this beautiful shotgun but I don't know what it's worth in today's market.

Could someone please help out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
the bluebook says $700 for a 98% gun , been fired so it really can't be 100% ($850) I couldn't find any for sale at my usual online haunts , so my advice would be start at $850 and be prepared to go down to $700 maybe $650 but don't go there lightly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks a lot. I dunno, for some reason after looking at it for the first time in 30 years I thought it would be worth more.
Sure didn't appreciate much! I did find out that from the serial number it was manufactured in 1972.
Dave

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
it's funny how that works , of course the bluebook could be wrong, i just couldn't find anything else for comparison.

G

·
8/28/03

On the value issue: I'm taking delivery next week on this model, with 30" bbls, flat knob, field-style forearm and factory rubber butt pad. The condition is represented as a one-owner, one box of shells through it, in 95%-98% condition (handling marks only), coming from a gun shop.

As a buyer, the value to me is 1) Gun is virtually identical to a Grade 1 Superposed, only lacking in l.p.i. checkering and engraving; 2) one prior owner. I'm paying $100 more than the asking price - a total of $900 + shipping.

Although this gun was only imported into the US from 1973 to 1975, Browning North America represents the gun is still available new in Europe.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does help TREMENDOUSLY, thank you.

I've decided to keep it, more because of sentimental value than need for cash or trade. I bought it when I was 23 and it was my first shot gun.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.