Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might have seen the post on Shotgun Sports before it went down. Ashleigh, Sarah and I are opening a new club a little less than an hour west of Nashville, TN. The closest area to the club will be Bucksnort, TN which is at the 152 mile marker on 40. We will be located just 4-5 minutes off of that exit.

It sets on 828 acres and has terrain that is perfect for a club. We are taking possession of it in the middle of October. It is new ground but it is laid out well for a gun club and that will let us open up for business in a minimal amount of time. Here is a link to an aerial photo of the property http://www.indianaclays.com/id14.html each of the orange lines is an existing road which in time will become roads for courses.

You will notice in the picture there are no buildings on the property yet. We have plans for a pavilion at the beginning of 2010. We also hope to have the lodge started by April or May of 2010. We also will have easy access hotels. There are in the neighborhood of 1500 hotel rooms with 20 minutes of the club. With eight of those hotels being within 10 minutes.

We have been awarded two shoots for next year with one being the Tennessee State Championship and the other being the North American FITASC event which is a World Cup FITASC event.

The first one we will have will be the North American FITASC Championships. This event will consist of a 200 target FITASC main event set over 8 Parcours. It will also have a 200 target sporting and a 100 target sporting preliminary as satellite events. We have two dates picked for this event and right now we're leaning towards March 26th-28th, 2010. I will have more information on the exact date in the next few days.

The Tennessee State Championship is looking like it will be held towards the end of June. I will also post more information on that event as it becomes available.

Our website should be up and running in the next 10 days or so. The address will be http://www.dogwoodhollowlodge.com

I will update this post when the site opens up. It will also include our entry forms as well as general information on the club.

The bulldozers start moving dirt on Monday so we are pretty excited about getting everything opened up.

Sorry for the long post

If you have any questions email me at [email protected]

Mike Hafley

PS: We are not closing the range in Kokomo. We will continue to run it and the days of operation will stay the same.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Congrats on getting it going Mike!

But, Mike what happened to your coined username??

Hey are y'all commuting to this club or is this Ashleigh and Sara's new venture/home away from home?

800+ acres is gonna be some awesome terrain to utilize, I wish y'all the best of luck getting it going. Sounds like you have two great shoots lined up already!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't imagine what it cost to finally get my kids to move out of the house. I will be down there a lot in the 1st few months. We already had a house a few miles away from the new place so that part was easy.

The new spot is what Ashleigh and Sarah wanted to do so my wife and I are going to be involved for a few years and then it will be up to them. I was pretty content doing what we were doing but we decided to give it a roll.

As for the user name I think someone else had it already.

Mike

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Mike,

We are all pulling for you and your venture. Although I'm from South Carolina, I've got in-laws near Nashville and would love to have another good place to shoot when visiting.

Relative to the dates for the FITASC North American, I noticed in the last issue of ClayShootingUSA that the FITASC Grand Prix will be held in NC on the next weekend in March (18th-21st). Will this make a difference?

Either way, we will shoot both and look forward to seeing your new facility.

I.S.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have re-done my answer I haven't seen that copy or that ad. Is that going to be at Chucks place along with the east Coast. If it is I think we should be alright. We should draw from different areas. Did you get a chance to look at the link for the picture of the club.

Thanks for the heads up

Mike

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Mike,

Mike the event mentioned on the 18th - 21st is at Chuck's, but it is the East Coast Championship and NOT the FITASC Grand Prix. Sorry for the confusion. My original post was made from memory as I had the magazine at home. Either way, if you hold yours as planned, we will be attending both.

Yes, I did look at the photo. You truly have some awesome potential, and I know you will take it to the highest level!

Six sporting clays courses...TO START...is fantastic. Don't believe you will have any cases of shooter burn-out on that property! It reminds me of Forest City in Savannah. The last four or five times I've shot there have been largely on different sections of the property. How refreshing!

Anyway, good luck and hope all works out to your best advantage.

I.S.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think we will stick with what we have for now. As for the courses we will start with one and a practice field and go up from there.

If I had the $$$$$ I could run 8 or so courses at the same time. We will do the best we can with what we have and add to it from there.

If I hit the lottery between now and the middle of the month it might make a difference :)

Mike

·
Registered
678 Posts
firstinflight said:
Did you get a chance to look at the link for the picture of the club.

Mike
I did too and all I can think about is how many great deer stands I could put on that place!! :lol:

Right below the #9 on the map Southwest towards the border by those two fingers of woods jutting into your neighbors fields around to the corner of the property, would be my first place to look!!! Looks like a great staging area if the cover is there!! :wink:

Other than that, looks to me like an Open could certainly be in y'alls reach with the room you have and rooms available!!

Kudos!

Shane-O

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Mike,

No, I wasn't necessarily suggesting having all courses up concurrently, but when you are looking for something to do :wink: you could transport the machines/stands/etc. to a new course every few months or so.

Isn't being in business for yourself a breeze?

I.S.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The TN State association decided on a date for the 2010 shoot today.

The dates for the Tennessee State Shoot for 2010 will be June 24th-27th.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts