Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all! I am happy to announce that we have a new event scheduled for Saturday, September 17th!

On Saturday, September 17th, we will be hosting our 1st NSCA registered event! It will be 100 targets over 14 stations, and we will be adding a 20 ga. side event over 8 stations to run concurrently with the main. This will give you a great opportunity to get some competitive practice in for the National's on some fantastic terrain! We will have the Snooker side event at this shoot as well. Lunch and cold drinks will be provided. Being our inaugural NSCA shoot, I really hope you can make it out to start us off right![/u]

We would appreciate pre-registration so that we have an accurate count for lunch. We certainly don't want to run out of food! You can pre-register for the event on ScoringPro.com. All scoring will be powered by ScoringPro as well.

This is a great chance for you all to come out and check out the Ranch. We have a true diamond here and are looking forward to being a destination spot for you to shoot. I think you will be surprised by what you will find here! You can check it out at http://www.jlbar.com. We are located in Sonora, TX., west of San Antonio.

For more information, please call me at 325-262-1845, or the main desk at 855-414-3337. We'll be happy to help you out!

Thanks!
WTT

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dickgtax said:
You keep saying "we." Doesn't your club have a name?
I apologize for that! It is the JL Bar Ranch & Resort in Sonora, TX.

As PKW mentioned, it is far more than a club. And we have only scratched the surface of what is planned. A lodge dedicated to the shooting sports on the Ranch is scheduled for completion in 2018. Speaking of shooting sports, we have skeet, trap, sporting (of course), rifle/pistol out to 250 yds, and long range rifle out to 1500 yds. While we have 14 stations of sporting clays and a 5-stand currently, we are developing another 14 stations and another 5-stand as well.

There are 16 "cabins" associated with the main lodge, a 5300 ft airstrip, and a recording studio available right now to go along with hunting for dove, quail, turkey, Whitetail, Axis, Blackbuck, Fallow, and Red Stag. We are situated over 13,000 acres on the edge of the Texas Hill country, about 170 miles west of San Antonio.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
looks gorgeous to me, and if I was closer I would be all over shooting registered shoots there. While I may not have the money to be a member, afford a night or a hunt there, in theory I should have enough to pay for some registered targets, and then be able to enjoy the club/facility like it's members.

Hence why I love going to Northbrook, for registered, and or to shoot practice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Registration is now open at www.scoringpro.com! Please come out and check us out at the JL Bar Ranch & Resort on September 17th!

To reserve a cabin for a Friday and/or Saturday night stay, call 855-414-3337 and speak to Nicole. For more information about the shoot, and the area around Sonora, TX., give me a call at 325-262-1845. I'll be more than happy to help you in whatever way that I can!

WTT

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's here! Ya'll come play. The targets are basically set, just need to be tweaked Friday. Doing a bar-b-q for lunch on Saturday, brisket, sausage, and sides. All we need is for you to come out and have a blast with us!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.