Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer in Canada just updated his site and it shows some new Winchesters for next year. One is a new SX3 called the Flanigan Exhibition/Sporting. Has the red receiver and fore-end cap like last years SX2, and has extended chokes, etc. Also shows new Speed Pump 1300's due out in spring/summer. I've looked elsewhere and found no other info on these guns, so not sure how this guy got these listed so soon. But I've bought guns from this guy before, and they were very good to deal with. See for yourself at Wholesalesports.com, then click Hunting and go from there. Sorry guys, haven't figured out the link thing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I love the Winchester company and the products they make but I wouldn't buy ANYTHING that has that dudes name associated with it. That guy is a @#[email protected]#.....

We all have our opinions. The gun itself looks great. I do like the red.

Mc Lovin

P.S. Can't wait to get another personal e-mail from him yelling at me.... Should be fun....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
wb, your right, but sorry your still wrong, they can't call the guns 1300's, model 70's, or model 94's, because USRAC isn't making them in the US plant anymore. But FNH can make them under another name (notice they only call it a Speed Pump) somewhere else. They have been making a tactical version of this gun ever since, and maybe even before, the New Haven plant shut down.

I believe that the reason that they can't use the old model designations had something to do with union contracts that stated that those model numbers could only be produced at the Winchester New Haven Conn. Plant.

I'm sure someone with a better memory than mine can elaborate more in detail than I can, but what it boils down to is that we will probably see offshore built versions of the M70 and M94 rifles in the future too, just with new names.

Best regards,

Jeff

The nut list- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / American Arms single shot 12 ga/ Winchester Model 12 26" IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½" 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Max4 camo 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/ Ugartechea Model 30 12 ga/

P>S> In looking more closely at the website there are some changes to the Speed Pump model from the 1300 model that I can see, one is the receiver stock interface is cut different, the rib is flat instead of ramped, the chokes are invector plus instead of win-choke, and thats just what I can see from the little bit of info and the small picture. In other words the gun now looks like an FN Browning.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wb; No kidding 'dude'. Who doesn't know that. They are a 'new' pump being put out by Winchester, and as stated in the previous post, are being labelled 'Speed Pumps'. So maybe you should save your sarcasm for someone else.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
buckmark525 said:
wb; No kidding 'dude'. Who doesn't know that. They are a 'new' pump being put out by Winchester, and as stated in the previous post, are being labelled 'Speed Pumps'. So maybe you should save your sarcasm for someone else.
:arrow: Don't get your shorts all bunched up!
If winchester(or somebody) is coming out with a re-hashed version of a 1300 then tell us about it.............pictures would be nice. :)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
croberts said:
I love the Winchester company and the products they make but I wouldn't buy ANYTHING that has that dudes name associated with it. That guy is a @#[email protected]#.....

We all have our opinions. The gun itself looks great. I do like the red.

Mc Lovin

P.S. Can't wait to get another personal e-mail from him yelling at me.... Should be fun....
Oh please, fill us in on the drama. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I like my 1300 black shadow turkey just fine thank you, and I happen to think it was a very under rated shotgun. It came out with a rotary locking bolt way before the Benelli nova, but to listen to Benelli you would think that they were the inventors (yes I know Winchester did not invent it either for the 1300) of it. I think the real reason that the 1200/1300 line of guns did not take off is that everyone was just too pissed off that Winchester quit making the model 12, and they weren't going to like any new fangled gun with a alloy receiver that followed it, no matter how it performed.

Now mind you I'm not saying the 1300 is the best pump ever made or anything like that, I'm just saying its a very reliable, and serviceable gun at a mid-range price, that probably doesn't deserve the bashing its gotten over the years.

Best regards,

Jeff

The nut list- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / American Arms single shot 12 ga/ Winchester Model 12 26" IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½" 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Max4 camo 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/ Ugartechea Model 30 12 ga/

·
Registered
388 Posts
You can buy all the Model 70's you want next year! If they are anything like FN's current stuff, they will be worth the $$$ in my opinion.

>Morgan, Utah - The Winchester Model 70 is one of the most respected bolt-action rifle designs in the world. Winchester Repeating Arms is excited to announce the return of the Model 70 for 2008. The All-American Model 70s will be built by American craftsmen in Columbia, South Carolina, at the same state-of-the-art factory (FN Manufacturing) as the rifles and machine guns used by American's Armed Forces. They are made to the exact ISO 9001 standard of quality that the U.S. Government insists upon for military firearms.
>
>For 2008 the new Model 70 has the all new M.O.A.? Trigger System, improved fit and finish and enhanced accuracy to go along with its classic Pre-64 Controlled Round Feeding, Three-Position safety and solid, sure handling.
>
>M.O.A.? Trigger System. The new Model 70 M.O.A.Trigger System is the most precise three-lever trigger system ever offered to sportsmen. Operating on a simple pivoting lever principle, the trigger mechanism has been completely redesigned to exhibit zero take up, zero creep and zero overtravel. The pull weight ranges from 3 to 5 pounds and is factory-set at 3 3/4 pounds. Because of the enhanced ergonomics, wide smooth triggerpiece and 2:1 mechanical advantage created by the unique design geometry, it actually feels like half that weight.
>
>Three-Position Safety. The improved three-position safety on the new Model 70 has proven effective and highly popular with hunters and shooters for decades. Convenient to operate with the thumb of the firing hand, the Model 70 safety lifts the firing pin away from the sear. Then the safety selector is in the middle position, the action can still be operated, allowing unfired cartridges to be cycled with the safety on.
>
>Hammer-Forged Barrel. Model 70 barrels are cold hammer-forged from a solid billet of steel for accuracy and long life. Massive rotary hammers shape the barrel steel around a mandrel to create the rifling. The barrel is threaded, target crowned and installed on the receiver. The chamber is then reamed and the bolt is headspaced. This results in 1 MOA accuracy for three-shot groups using properly managed barrel, quality match ammo and superior optics under ideal weather and range conditions.
>
>Blade-Type Ejector. The Model 70's blade-type ejector allows full control when ejecting a fired case. When pulling the bolt back slowly the empty case pops out gently, which is perfect for target shooters and varminters. Pulling the bolt back smartly allows the empty case to clear the port with greater force. The blade-type ejector helps to eliminate short-stroking malfunctions.
>
>The new Winchester Model 70 will be offered in a Super Grade, Featherweight? Deluxe, Sporter Deluxe and Extreme Weather SS models for 2008. All will feature a thick black Pachmayr® Decelerator® pad that will help take the bite out of recoil.
>
>The Super Grade will be offered in 30-06 Sprg. and 300 Win. Mag and will feature a fancy grade walnut stock with contrasting black fore-end tip and pistol grip cap and a sculpted shadowline cheekpiece. Suggested Retail $1,149.00
>
>The Featherweight Deluxe has an angled comb walnut stock with Schnabel fore-end and satin finish with elegant cut checkering. It will be offered in popular long and short action calibers, including WSM chamberings. Suggested Retail $999.00 to $1,049.00.
>
>The Sporter Deluxe features a satin finished walnut stock with cut checkering on trim fore-end and pistol grip, along with a sculpted cheekpiece. Available in popular long action and short action WSM calibers. Suggested Retail $999.00 to $1,049,99.
>
>The Extreme Weather SS's premium Bell and Carlson composite stock features a trim, light feel with textured matte surface that gives a sure grip in any conditions. The Extreme Weather SS has a free floating, fluted stainless barrel to help minimize weight. Available in popular long action and short action WSM calibers. Suggested Retail $1,149.00 tp $1,199.00. Delivery on all models will begin in June of 2008.

·
Registered
388 Posts
And here is what they look like....

http://www.howardcommunications.com/win ... %2070.html

The synthetic model in 30-06 is on my list.....

I thought Browning bought the Winchester manufacturing rights or something like that? Speed pump looks like a decent gun. Im glad they got rid of that goofy angle on the stock/reciever. Flanagin, smanigan...watch his attempt at 11 clays, smells fishy to me, guess the guy behind him is a pretty good shot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
VAByrd said:
And here is what they look like....

http://www.howardcommunications.com/win ... %2070.html

The synthetic model in 30-06 is on my list.....

I thought Browning bought the Winchester manufacturing rights or something like that? Speed pump looks like a decent gun. Im glad they got rid of that goofy angle on the stock/reciever. Flanagin, smanigan...watch his attempt at 11 clays, smells fishy to me, guess the guy behind him is a pretty good shot.
The company that owns Browning also owns the entity that made Winchester firearms. They shut the New Haven plant down but still sold a few models made elsewhere under the Winchester name that was licensed from Olin. Winchester hasn't existed as anything but a name for quite a while. They seem to slowly be reintroducing the old models made in newer facilities in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Repeating_Arms_Company

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure yet. I nor anyone else has tracked down any more info except for what this guys shows in his catalog. But it definately is different than the last 1300 model made, so something's gotta be announced soon I would think. The catalog says available spring/summer 2008. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a Winchester shotgun, and this looks like a pretty nice pump, so this may be the one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts