Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Franchi Diamond 20 ga off this website, it was originally purchased from Dick's. Saw it for the first time in person Friday at my FFL. I was surprised at the quality of the fit and finish, seems like a good value gun. Question I was trying to figure out how the safety works, Appears you have to manually move the safety to the on position to open the breech, is this the way it works? Seems the safety has to be on to close it as well. Has anyone successfully disabled this feature? 8 more days then I can pick it up!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have Franchi Diamond 12 Ga. and I never had to move the safety to the on position to break open the gun. But when you closed the gun the safety did go on.I did not care for the Diamond so I bought Franchi Alcione sx u/o and love it good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Shotgun 25 - would you care to elaborate on why you did care for your Diamond? Just bought a 12 ga Diamond o/u used - quite a handsome piece and does not look shot to pieces. Face of breech does not have deep recoil impressions around firing pins, still has original grease on it. There have been lots of posts about this model gun on a couple of websites that I have visited.

Your thoughts welcome. eamil if you prefer - [email protected]

sbclvl61

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have shot my new 20 ga Diamond twice now and I'm very pleased with it. It's a 26" field version that functions flawlessly, and I seem to be accurate as heck with it. The only issue I see with the gun is the foregrip wood is slightly ligter in color than the stock, a very picky observation. Otherwise this gun is perfect for me, I'm a happy shooter.....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts