Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week i was visiting a local dealer and he showed me a semi 12 ga. it was called GAZELLE they are from turkey. it was light and had a beautiful turkish walnut stock . i bought it right then and really have shot well with it.he said that was the first batch he had recieved and that they were new to the u.s. so he had no feed back on how well the gun shot. anyone who has shot or has info i`d like to hear from. iv shot about 400 rounds through it so far without a jam or a problem and im shooting reloads . any feed back would be appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol sry about that. 28" barrel vent rib, came with all 5 choke tubes . as far as cost man what a deal i got $329 plus tax and it shoots like a dream , way lighter than the 1187 .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know $329 makes the gun sound cheap, but it looks alot like a berrata in style. and iv had several guess at the cost and most assume i paid 600 or more for it. thats kinda why i was wondering if anyone else had used one of these b4 in case there is problems im not aware of. BREAKEM ALL AND HAVE FUN

·
Registered
985 Posts
Here is some info from Blue Book on the Gazelle shotguns:

Current trademark established circa 1970, and manufactured by Hisar Avcilik & Doga Sporlasi San Ve Tic. Ltd. Sti., located in Konak-Izmir, Turkey. Currently imported and distributed by Ema Distributors LLC, located in Pineville, NC.
Gazelle Arms currently manufactures a line of good quality, inexpensive shotguns, including semi-autos, SxSs, single shots, and O/Us. Current MSRs on the semi-auto shotguns range from $345-$390, while the O/U is priced at $500.

I have found no web page for Gazelle Arms or for Ema Distributors. Those that know my posts well know I love inexpencive imports as a way to get new blood into the sport, that said I will see what I can find on these guns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the web address is gazellearms.com the dealer i bought mine from had a o/u for 429.00 and it was a nice looking gun also thanks for the info though now just looking for someone else who shoots one to see if they like it also

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have seen the Gazelle SPA300 o/u here for about a month now. Duhnams Discount sporting goods carries them and they do look like a good deal for the $299 that they are asking. That is the only one I have seen and the site says that is the only o/u that is currently imported here. 3" chambers, 5 choke tubes rated for steel, a custom shotgun sock, :roll: and double triggers. I hope they start to send more of their product over they have what they call crossfire shotguns for people that are right handed but left eye dominant. I would be tempted to pick up there SP Trap for like $500 if it gets here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just bought the spa300, it felt good but I need to learn more about how to set up the chokes for skeet use. The double trigger didn't seem to be a problem for me.

I returned a century arms semi-auto 12 ga. clip model (chinese made) to get this one. Scary I ran about 4 - 5shot clips through it and suddenly a chunk of metal from the trigger house broke off and the clip came flying out. :shock:

·
Registered
827 Posts
well so far i shot 450 rounds in last 2 weeks without a jam up yet. shot my first walk around sporting clay course yesterday and shot a 35/50 . had a blast and the gun shot well . they had some tough dbles but the gun swings so nice i had no trouble picking them up and im a novice. good luck and have fun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sharpshooter in corpus Christi is the only gunshop gazelle.com has listed for selling them in texas. You can also pick on up on such webpages as century arrms.cm I have had a spa 300 o/ufor about 2 years know. My brother brought me one home from his trip to turkey and it is a wonderful shooting gun and ive never hd any trouble with it. I use it from everything from skeet to turkey and pheasant i am very pleased with it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I shot my Gazelle 300 in a summer trap league in Minnesota this year. I ran an average of 100 rds. thru it every week. How do I like it ??? Well, let's just say I have this beautiful trophy sitting on my mantle - the inscription reads "2003 AA Summer League Champions" - I out-shot a whole lotta guys whose guns cost them 10 times what mine cost. I LOVE THE GUN !!! Best 300 bucks I've EVER spent...

G-Man

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok for u guys keeping track since i posted this one . last night while shooting sporting clays i busted the firing pin. iv had this gun a month and shot roughly a 1,000 rounds through it.now we`ll see how good the customer service is. the dealer is calling them today to see what to do. hmmm maybe ill have to buy a o/u tomm. to shoot thisweekend till my semi gets fixed lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey do any of you guys know anywhere online I can even check one of these things out to mabey buy or something, I am relly interested in an O/U but I dont want to cough up a ton of money for one because I'm not sure I'll like it and if not it could always be an extra for that price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone - I have not purchased a shotgun yet, but when i went to my local dealer (Surplus City, Feasterville, PA 215-364-7130) he showed me this shotgun by a company called Gazelle. Very nice, then he told me the price ($300) and i got scared (why so cheep). I had looked at different brands and never heard of that one. That night i did a search for gazelle shotgun on yahoo and it brought me to this site. This is a great website. My research stoped here. Great site for learning and info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone - I have not purchased a shotgun yet, but when i went to my local dealer (Surplus City, Feasterville, PA 215-364-7130) he showed me this shotgun by a company called Gazelle. Very nice, then he told me the price ($300) and i got scared (why so cheep). I had looked at different brands and never heard of that one. That night i did a search for gazelle shotgun on yahoo and it brought me to this site. This is a great website. My research stoped here. Great site for learning and info.

·
Registered
827 Posts
update on repair : they had my new part and dealer fixed it took 3 days. pretty quick response time if i say so myself. what ticked me off was the rep from the manufacturer told my dealer that my gun was made to shoot a 1,000 rounds a month. i told him just for that im pumping 2,000 through b4 xmas . :lol: i didnt buy this gun to look at i told him but to shoot. doesnt matter though i found a used 390 im trying tonight which ill probably buy. i know it can handle it

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.