Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not new to shooting. i have been using my uncles shotgun for al ong time about 10 years not it is time for me to get my own. I have only shot doves with this shotgun.

i will use mine for HD, and shooting bird(paloma).
i am on another forum and a friend recommend this one and i like it.
What do you guys think?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=3170096

i am on this forum because it is all about shotguns and i have learned a lot about hd and different shotshell. no instead of lurking now it is time to post.

the barrel is 21in long. i think it would be a good hd gun. plus i can change the choke.

it will be in Feb. -March when i get it. but i am reseaching now so when i get it i will not regret it. the SG that i borrow is a REM 870 express 26in barrel. it fits perfect. so i will go with a REM.
I am sure i can shoot buckshots out of it but i am not sure. Can I?

if I can what choke would be good?
i am going to get the specops stock when i get the gun. now i don't know if i can take out the wooden stock and put on the specops stock. Is it possible to take off the woodstock and put a specops stock or should i go synthetic and then take off the stock?

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
That is a turkey gun so the chokes will be tight, at least full or better.
Should work good for buckshot or upland (birds) with the proper choke (IC) with a 21" barrel.
:idea: Remington makes a Express upland special with 21" barrel that might work also and I beleive it comes with full/mod/ic chokes too?

·
Registered
784 Posts
It probably would do just fine! However, depending upon you physical size it may or may not fit you.

That one sounds like it has the shorter barrel of the youth guns, but the standard 14" length of pull on the butt stock. The shorter barrel will have no adverse effect when used with the proper choke tube for the range and the game anticipated.

The 870 Express models are good reliable guns, have more than a few myself, and should do well for your purpose. However fit of the butt stock depending upon your physical size is important for you to point the gun properly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have not tried the 870 turkey gun but if it is like the REM that i use that has a 26 in barrel i think the stock will fit. the reason i want to get it is because all i have to do is just change chokes. now with the Mossberg persuader i would have to buy a barrel for it so it is still a toss in the air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.