Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - just stumbled on your little nook on the Internet here, and of all the forums I've seen/joined/lurked on that board certainly appears to be one of the most welcoming and informative.

I recently inherited a bunch of long guns from my dad - one of which is a Beretta Silver Pigeon. Coupling this with the fact that I belong to a private Sportsman's club in Quinton, NJ (of which I do not use the skeet/trap ranges) this is a perfect opportunity to get back to some of my shooting youth!

I shot a lot as a kid growing up, and did some trap and skeet in the Boy Scouts. I'm attending a group shoot this morning in order to learn a bit by watching first. I can handle firearms safely (I work in safety and risk so this comes naturally) but I'm equally concerned with the "ettiquette" end of things.

Hope to learn a lot on this board!

Brian in Wilmington, DE

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Spankey said:
Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy the clay shooting and get any problems or issues solved on the site. Have fun.
This site has been VERY informative and useful to me, and I know you will enjoy it too. However, be careful.... shooting and reloading are highly addictive and may lead to gun collecting and other evil enterprises. :wink: :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome! I to stumbled across this site a few years ago shortly after I took up the shooting sports again after a long absence. I do believe that without the help and advice from all the good folks here at Shotgun World I would have soon lost interest again. But thanks to them or because of them I'm hooked and glad of it.
Abbyridge

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Welcome aboard! Yep, this is a great site. The shotgunning community is very welcoming. You are a step forward already recognizing that etiquette is something that one should learn.
Cheers,
Gary

P.S. You should check out M&M Clays down in your neck of the woods - in South Jersey.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi bggwind
My name is Pete and I am usually at the club with my wife on Friday nights. If I am not there are plenty of people that would love to help you. I have not found a club that is not will to help people in their shooting ask for me or bib bob or mark or Jere or just ask Horst or Susan at the desk and they will help you hope to see you soon.
Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.