Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to everyone!

I'm brand new here and have been looking around a bit. I live in West Central Florida and have been shooting for many years.

I'm an Army vet (68, 69, and 70), married with one daughter in college. I try to get to the range at least twice a week and shoot as much as I can.

I'm hoping to get a little help identifying a shotgun I'm looking for.

I haven't seen one in probably 15 years or more and I don't remember who made it.

It was a double barrel, 12 gauge but it had a different stock than any other shotgun I've ever had. There was no shoulder stock... right behind the pistol grip the stock was cut like a ball about the size of a softball, then the ball was cut in half and it was padded. Kinda like the shape of an old M-79 stock except it was round instead of flat like the '79.

The idea was that you could put the shotgun against your belly or thigh to shoot it.

Has anyone ever seen one of these or know anything about them?

Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
Back in the mid 70's I saw something like that, but was a single barrel made by Savage. I don't know if it was something just in that area of the Carolinas. It did not look home made. tim

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You are more likely to get a meaningful answer to this in the Tactical/HD section of this forum.

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
I've been buying and selling shotguns since 1968. I have also been to hundreds of guns shows and I've never seen anything like you describe. Likely what you saw was a custom stock of some kind that somebody dreamed up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.