Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know or heard when the new Ithaca deerslayers{or storms or whatever they are calling them these days} are supposed to be available??? What is the current status of Ithaca?? Last I heard they moved to another state and are supposed to be tooling up with all new equipment to start production again...is this true?? Anybody got any info at all??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Try the "I Love Ithaca" forum. Last I heard they are not producing any guns and are kind of in limbo. Lots of promises but no guns to show for it. Too bad, I really liked my DSII Storm.

Scott

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya on the DS II. I am kinda loyal to Ithaca, if for no other reason than the fact that when everyone else was pumping out slug guns that may or may not be any better than sights on a rib Ithaca made a purpose designed slug gun {in the 87 DS II} that actually worked. At least until I traded for an Ideal grade L.C. Smith. I had a chance to buy a new off the shelf 20ga Deerslayer Storm two years back for $375.00 and passed...regretted that ever since. Saw a 12 ga. DSS at Greentop used for $400.00 last year and passed again, not knowing they were done at that time. Just figured I could always get a 20ga later. Now, I'm still looking and last I saw a used 20ga DSS sold for over $800.00 on an auction site.

·
Registered
215 Posts
They are great guns. I bought mine as new for $375 last year, have seen several others go for $350-400 lately. There is a nice used 87 DSII on Gunbroker right now for around $450, includes scope. Thought about buying it to use on deer drives as the Tar-Hunt isn't great for that purpose.
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.