Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to bug anyone by asking too many questions about my NID double, but I was reading in other topics things that Bushrod had posted. Several Questions arose in my head.

Bushrod identified my gun as a 1927 NID, yet it doesnt have star engraving but it does have the cocking indicator. He spoke of a weakness in the buttstock in someone else topic and identified two parallel cracks where the buttstock meets the receiever roughly right in the middle.

Is this the stock weakness he was referring to? Also give me a little compare and contrast on the differences between the NIDs made at different times.

Thanks...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Going from memory here, but the changes were made in about 1935. The wrist was thickened, the cocking indicaters were eliminated and the Deely and Edge forend release was replaced with a simple pull off type.

I didn't see your origional post or Natty's reply but if he was talking about cracking in the rear of the mortise which accepts the tangs and the rear of the frame (doubles don't have recievers), this is not uncommon and is easy to repair if detected before the grow too large.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts