Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted my hello in the "general" thread, but had to get over here in the Tactical thread.

I bought a Remington 870 express synthetic 12/18 yesterday (via Gallery of Guns), should be here Saturday.

I'm not new to guns, but new to shotguns; I did have a 20 gauge Harrington Richardson (exposed hammer) single shot as a teen, and I think my dad still has it back in STL. But aside from killing coke cans with it, I never learned any shotgun skills.

Looking forward to learning!

I bought the 870 for a HD/camp/hike gun, and with that in mind I want to do 2 things right away:

1. Get the Wilson mag follower
2. Get this pup sling mounted

I was looking at the Remington and Uncle Mikes swivel mag caps...are these both good? any preference?

·
Registered
674 Posts
uncle mikes is top notch i had a swivel cap on my 870 and i have one now on my browning gold

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
welcome fellow 870 owner...

there is a long post here, very recent, it's called "can anyone recommend a" and towards the end there's a great discussion of slings...

personally, "zombie" who posts on this board a lot has a wealth of sling and attachment point knowledge and you could PM him if he doesn't respond to this post...

depending on what kind of sling you want, the UM swivel on the mag cap will not work so well... and i really dispise the noise they make, rather some tac owners opt for this "hard" attachment point

http://gggaz.com/products/shotgun_slingatt.php

google www.northeasttactical.com and see the sling i bought... the bungee elastic type in single point attachment... i like it.

enjoy the rewarding journey of customizing your SG to fit your needs... and make sure to save some $$$ and spend it on practice ammo, cause all the SG toys are worthless without the basics of marksmanship.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought the Wilson Combat CQB tactical sling for my 870 , it can be used as a normal sling as well. If you are using a tactical sling similar to that you will need a side mounted sling http://www.wilsoncombat.com/sa_slings.asp

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Picked up the 870 yesterday morning---I love it. Talk about simplicity in maintenance, take-down, etc. Far easier than maintaining my AR....LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.