Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just jumping in to the sporting clays game soooooo, time for a new gun. I think I've narrowed it down to a Beretta 391 Urika 2 Gold Sporting or a 391 Teknys. Would like to hear feedback, both pro and con from owners of both. Also what is the difference between the 391 and the 391 parallel?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The Urika has a fixed rib where the teknys has a replaceable rib. The teknys also has a silver colored receiver that some say flakes off. Because of the rib I prefer the Urika. The parallel SL has a step rib and a slight Monte Carlo stock. The SL has a lot of potential as a sporting clays gun but the sporting model is more popular. I would buy a 30" barrel in either configuration. Dick's sporting goods sells the 30" sporting for $1,099.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The Teknys is a nice shooter. I have two, in both 12 and 20 guages. I used to shoot them nicely until I picked up a K-80. I did have some of flaking come off the receiver on the 20 ***** model (bought it used at Gander Mtn.) and they sent it back to Beretta. To my amazement, Beretta sent me a complete new gun with all the accessories in the case complete. I don't know how other issues are handled, but I'm totally satisfied with how my situation was taken care off. Good luck with your choice. They point nicely and will break whatever is in front of them.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
I had both guns. I like the Teknys better then the Urika. because of all the adjustment it has. I did sell the Teknys Gold Target and keep the urika because the Teknys had a 30" and I just couldn't get use to it. I should of bough a 28" and keep the gun.
The Urika now is a hunting gun and my sporting Beretta is a DT10.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Both guns are the same inside, had a Urika and sold it for a Teknys Gold Target because it is more adjustable has all the bells and whistles such as balance system, adjustable comb, extended chokes, two ribs for trap or sporting, recoil reducer in stock, choice of recoil pads, and nicer wood. So your paying for bling and extras with the Teknys which the Urika will do just as well for less $$. Add extended chokes or other accesories to the Urika your better off going with the Teknys, the adjustable comb alone is well worth the extra $$. Welcome to the madness. :wink:

I liked the 12 ga. Teknys so much I bought one in 20 ga. for my son, well that's what I told the wife anyhow.

A parallel stock will be parallel to the rib with no drop.....

TM

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Was leaning towards the Urika but I think I'm going to go with the Teknys for the "bells and whistles", definately want the adjustable comb. Shooting my first tournament this weekend, I can see already this is going to be a major addiction! :roll:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
StevieD,

Look carefully at the Teknys models. Only the Teknys Gold Target has the interchangeable ribs. It also has the adjustable comb. The Teknys Gold Sporting is an excellent gun, but without those features.

Any Beretta 391 will do the job, but get the features you want.

·
Registered
14,373 Posts
Since the advent of the Technys , they left off a few innovations from the existing Urika's. You will want to add these aftermarket....the bent carrier is the most useful in prevent failures to feed.

Also the newest piston is really better , as is the Briley aftermarket magazine cap (4 pieces rather than 7--and much easier to clean).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.