Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sky Plant Tree Hat Grass

New to this site. I’ve been reading lots of good info the last few days. I’m an avid wing shooter and I enjoy shooting sporting clays. I worked at a gun club here when I was in high school. Looking to maybe get back into sporting clays. This was a few weeks ago I spent the day with my oldest son Lukas shooting at Big Red Oak. It was his first time out. I hope he enjoys it as much as I do

·
Registered
27,023 Posts
Welcome from N FL!

Reactions: cj580

·
Premium Member
Beretta 682x trap, Maxus GC
87 Posts
New to this site. I’ve been reading lots of good info the last few days. I’m an avid wing shooter and I enjoy shooting sporting clays. I worked at a gun club here when I was in high school. Looking to maybe get back into sporting clays
WELCOME from north west ga.! Have you shot at Floyd Co. Sportsman? Great facility and even better folks.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I just took a look at Garland Mtn. I think it’s on my list to go shoot. Maybe a weekend with my wife would be a good time there. Just need to find me a good sporting clays gun
Garland rents shotguns.

My wife doesn't shoot any longer but she likes to sometimes go with me to Garland Mountain because we can eat there (they sell alcohol too.) She drives the cart and pulls for me, in addition to occasionally providing some cogent observations regarding my shooting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Garland rents shotguns.

My wife doesn't shoot any longer but she likes to sometimes go with me to Garland Mountain because we can eat there (they sell alcohol too.) She drives the cart and pulls for me, in addition to occasionally providing some cogent observations regarding my shooting.
Yea I was thinking a weekend getaway to do some shooting and have a nice evening meal. I have a nice gun but I have been thinking about trying to find a nice O/U just for clay shooting.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yea I was thinking a weekend getaway to do some shooting and have a nice evening meal. I have a nice gun but I have been thinking about trying to find a nice O/U just for clay shooting.
How far do you live from Garland?

Check Garland's hours as they aren't open for food very late. They do have later Friday dinners from time to time though.

·
Registered
27,023 Posts
Big Red Oak is a great place to shoot sporting clays. I think Meadows and Big Red Oak set the best targets in Georgia.
Do not forget Cherokee Rose, the Gator and Seminole Cup locations, Noontootla creek, garland Mountain and a host of others

Reactions: cj580
1 - 20 of 22 Posts