Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,
First time post. I am a new member to this forum and look forward to learning more about shot gunning in the USA. I recently moved here from Zimbabwe and already purchased 2x o/u and found 2 clay ranges to go to shoot.
Browning field gun 20/28 in very near new condition to teach the kids and a new CG summit sporting 12/32. Just saw an ad on here for a lefty CG, damn that is a good deal, wish I had seen it last week before bought the new one.

Cheers,
Zimbo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice! Then may I presume the two clay ranges you refer to are Conservation Park and Old Forge Sporting Clays? Both great places to shoot! I'm a couple hours north, but I'll likely make it down for some of their shoots this year. Good to have you on here!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Welcome to Virginia. I love Conservation Park for Skeet. Laura and Jeff Key run a top notch operation. I plan to shoot their Five Man Fun Shoot 6 March.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to Shotgun Forum from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Yes, I found Old Forge and plan to shoot their fun shoot end of Jan. The other one I found is Cavalier Sporting Clays out in Goochland county. Been out there a couple time. Real nice bunch of chaps. Some of them have been out to SA and Zim on safaris so we share some common ground.

I will have to look up Conversation Park and put them on my list.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Afternoon all,
First time post. I am a new member to this forum and look forward to learning more about shot gunning in the USA. I recently moved here from Zimbabwe and already purchased 2x o/u and found 2 clay ranges to go to shoot.
Browning field gun 20/28 in very near new condition to teach the kids and a new CG summit sporting 12/32. Just saw an ad on here for a lefty CG, damn that is a good deal, wish I had seen it last week before bought the new one.

Cheers,
Zimbo
You are welcome

·
Registered
722 Posts
I’d also suggest you try Central Virginia Sporting Clays west of you in Palmyra. Brad owns/runs the place and is a great guy … as is his facility. It has rolling terrain and lots of target variety. He also runs monthly registered “fun shoots” there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts