Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new member to the site and forums. Outstanding site!!!! with loads of information. My name is Gary and I live in Northeast Nebraska and hunt anything with feathers on it. I hunt behind German Shorthair Pointers for the most part but I'm in an off year right now. I have a 13 week old female GSP that is just getting started with training and a adopted 11month old city dog that is showing some promise.

I look forward to meeting some the regular users and thanks all for the information I have found already. :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Welcome we are glad to have you. Feel free to jump in and get involved right away. You will find us as the most laid back and helpful a group on the net. At least I think so and I think we prove it on a daily basis.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Welcome aboard Gary, we've been waiting for someone in pheasant country to get on board and start putting our pheasant hunt together. :shock:

Hope you can stick around and if you like you can post on the South Central board until Jay get's you a proper home.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
One more welcome! Yep, step on into the fray.

Maybe there needs to be the first annual SGW pheasant hunt and get together at Gary's? :lol:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
From one noob to another ... welcome.

Great place ... the guys here are very knowledgable and pretty nice.

They pick on me for living in AZ, but what they don't know is that rattlesnake tastes like chicken ... mmmm mmmm good!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. :) Pheasant season opens up first weekend in November in Nebraska and they are thick in my neck of the woods. :) I put 18 rudies to bed last night sitting on the stock pond hoping a few doves were still in my area. I'm usually booked up the first two weeks of season but the rest is usually open. Motels are cheap in the area and I can put up a few guys with a little notice. It's an off year for me on dogs so if you have one bring it. :) Nothing better then watching a good bird dog go rock hard on a ring neck. My motto is the more the marrier. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
ok got to put my post in welcome to the site and well not sure i could ever get up that way but am alwauys up for a new kind of bird to hunt

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey I re-read my post and didn't want anyone to think I was a guide or pay for hunt operation. The "booked" just means I have a bunch of locals I go out with for the first couple of weeks.

Only thing I will charge you is a picture of your grin from ear to ear after bagging a big old Nebraska Ringneck. :)

Hunting pressure was down last year, not sure what it will be like this year since they are saying we are the hot spot again. There are 100's of thousands of walk in CRP (public land) available and most have good bird numbers. To "enjoy" a Nebraska Pheasant hunt don't come the first couple of weekends. Traffic on the country roads has looked like the Indy 500 in the past. Come later in the season when there are fewer hunters and you will be rewarded handsomely. :)

Last year I had the pleasure to hunt with people from 6 other states and have formed some very good friendships and made some memories that will last a life time.

I'll bet you've never seen someone with a over and under kicking themselves in the pants because they had an over and under. lol I have, a true triple on pheasants is a once in a life time thing and the poor old guy with a O/U will never be able to accomplish that one. hehehe He was happy that I bagged 3 of the 7 roosters that flushed though. :)

So any of you looking to go out chasing tail feathers in Northeast Nebraska drop me a line and we can get something setup. I live close to Laurel Nebraska (30 miles west of Sioux City Iowa). The lodging is cheap, the food is good and the hospitality is awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts