Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My grapevine tells me that the people at Savage are looking at introducing a new model slug gun to the public in 2008.
It is patterned after the current bolt action slug model with a few VERY interesting changes.

Stock is laminated. At this time conventional with a higher comb. (Two shots without the magazine hump.) Another model would be synthetic.
Action AND barrel are stainless steel. Barrel a bit heavier than current model but not a "pipe". No iron sights ,Scope only.
This is the neatest part. They will use an accu-trigger on this model. This would be an incredible add to their line up.

I called Savage to try to get a confimation. No luck. The person I talked with said she did not know of any models that fit that discription unless it is a one off for the SHOT SHOW to test the publics reaction.

They are trying to out perform anything out there in a reasonable price range. That would be a great coupe if they can do it. (They are a company that is really sensitive to consumers needs.)

My guess is if they do make it they will have a real winner. Let them know you are interested.

Keep your fingers crossed !

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The gun you describe in both 12 and 20 gauge would be a good seller for savage.

I know quite a few people who have been hoping savage would bring out a bolt gun in 20 gauge for some time.
Thanks for the info,

Jim

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
eye shot said:
JC I use slugs in the 1500 to 1700 range and would like a little faster twist than my Hastings or USH. I think a 1 in 32 would work nice.
Aah..

I forgot...

Being an owner of Savage 10ml, I forgot to mention that Savage has the abilities to accommodate much faster twists...

Once again, I have no insight...but just reference the twist on the Savage on 10ml, and realize that it is theoretically optimized for a 250-300gr bullet...and I am sure you can see where some accommodations can be made.

JC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.