Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new Remy SP10 and had to send it back to factory because of functioning problems. Would only shoot single shot and seemed that bolt would not lock up. Any one else have any problems with these guns. Also bought 16 boxes of ammo from a friend so I really need to be using this piece to duck and goose hunt. Any info appreciated other than "Shouda Gotta a Browning! Thanks Crowcommander

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hello Crowcommander: Well I see much hasn't changed! LOL I bought a SP 10 in 1990. After my first box of shells, I to had to use it as a single shot. With a month to go in goose season, the buffer block on the back of the breech bolt broke. So I packaged it up, and sent it off to Remington. They did all the necessary repairs, it took about 3 months, no charge. I stopped shooting steel, and switched to Bismuth starting in 1995! A little more recoil with bismuth vs. steel, but the results are so much better!! The Sp 10 seems to cycle better with bismuth too1 I've had no further problems, since then either. You have to keep them clean!

Regards Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DAVE for the reply. Called Remy and found out the barrel was defective. Gal At Customer Service said she was sending me a new barrel from somewhere in Kentucky and I should get it back before I got my receiver back. I asked her what was going to happen if I got both pieces back and it still didn't cycle? Asked for a completely new gun to no avail. Finally she decided to send all to New york and have their gunsmith check everthing,next day air it to me. I hope this will correct my problem. Thanks for the Bismuth tip. I'll try a box but I still have many boxes of the other to shoot first. Godd hunting. Crowcommander

1 - 3 of 3 Posts