Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range earlier this week and a dealer rep was there shooting the Savage New Milano O/U this gun is pretty new and being basically a Wingshooter and don't shoot hardly any clays this guy was great, he was here from Washington and let me shoot a few rounds it felt really good, came up nice and the trim and fit looked great Recoil seemed to be pretty good considering I shoot gas operated semi autos and just recently a Benelli semi auto ID gun and really don't know how good is good recoil wise with SXS or O/U 's.
I guess it sells for around 1,500 or so nice wood.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
If you do a search on here, you'll find that the Savage Milano is the new version of the Verona 500 series that used to be imported by BC Outdoors. The maker of the gun is F.A.I.R., one of the Rizzini family (Beretta, B. Rizzini, etc.). They are great guns and if you can find a Verona, you will pay about 1/2 of a Milano. . .but, I think that Savage may be wising up and dropping the price of the Milanos a little bit. . .I saw a 28 gauge at a local place here in Michigan for $1099.00. . .they had the 28 a few months ago for over $1500.00. If they drop the price down just below $1000, I think it would fill a good void. I am going to pick up another Verona 28 gauge in the next year, it is my favorite grouse gun and I love a 28 gauge on the proper frame.

·
Banned
30,315 Posts
In my opinion the Milano isn't in the same league with the RRL, Citori, Beretta 600 series, SKB, or the old 101 or Valmet 412.

For the same money as a new Milano, you can easily buy at slightly used "B" gun.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have felt all along that the Milano was way overpriced in comparison to the Citori, RRL, Berettas who in my opinion are in a better class of over and unders.
The Milano is made by FAIR same makers of the Verona line, of which I own a LX503 and I can tell you straight out that my Verona has better wood than any Milano that I have seen so far. I don't see a lot of difference in the two shotguns other than that and I paid $759.00 for my Verona new.
Not saying it is a bad shotgun but in my opinion it is overpriced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.