Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I am looking for quality 12ga buck ( 00 and #4 mostly). My uncle shot a box of Wolf 00 and discovered that the bore was all coked up with a residue not easily removed. I'd like to avoid all that scrubbing if possible.

I have heard good things about Federal LE Tactical ammo but I was wondering if anyone had any experience shooting it.

Likewise I have heard that Sellier & Bellot is another good brand.

Anyone here ever use the S+B 2.75" buck?

Thanks in advance.

-Wolf♦

·
Registered
526 Posts
onewolf - Sorry not to be able to help out. As a side-by-side shooter of upland birds, and the occational invitation for waterfowl, my primary concern is how ammunition patterns. Since the barrels get scrubbed at the end of any day the gun gets used, I do not pay much attention to whether or not a particular brand leaves a little more or less of a mess behind, though I can certainly see how it could make a difference to a semi-auto shooter. I know that Gamebore's are not the cleanest I have seen. Yours is an interesting question - maybe it's time for me to start keeping a notebook.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

As for the ammo:

I also plan to clean my shotgun meticulously but I was more concerned with ammo that is particularly bad. Getting that Wolf residue out of there wasn't exactly fun.

Also, I noticed on a website that it said that certain 00 S&B ammo would not function correctly in a Benelli due to a ridge near the primer. Anyone know about this characteristic?

-Wolf

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Same problem with Wolf ammo in 28 gage birdshot loads!

Bought a flat of it for a good price. Now I know why! It really wasn't worth what I paid for it, just because it was so crudy! Takes at least 5 times as long to get the crud out!

I would rather clean my black powder guns. Much easier! PIA!

Clyde

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.