Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my Browning Cynergy Field. Great dealing with James Wayne. They are right on with price and service. Fast shipping and pleasant.

Local transfer was a turd but oh well.

I cannot wait to loose some shot through this beauty. I am curious though, I want to get a couple extended chokes and why is the Diana choke a few dollars more then the Midas choke?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
526 Posts
jakkkk - Congratulations on your new gun. I do not work for Browning so it is just a guess that there is an addional step in machining the surface of the end of Diana choke tube, and perhaps an added cost in the TiN coating. If you visit the Cabela's web site, you can read what mckelvjr from CT has to say, "I've tried the invector plus standard choke tubes and the Midas grade choke tubes, but by far the Diana grade patterns much better. Cabela's pricing on these has been better then anywhere else."

To see more Diana customer feedback, visit their web page http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0034773227770a.shtml

Browning's Diana Description: • The latest in Invector-Plus™ choke tube technology • Stainless steel barstock is heat treated prior to machining • Titanium nitride surface 72RC hardness for excellent wear and reduced plastic build-up • Absolutely perfect concentricity to provide superior patterning • Extends beyond the barrel for easy removal and installation, No wrench necessary

Browning's Midas Description: • Extend beyond the barrel for easy removal and installation, No wrench necessary • Minimum gap geometry plus high-resolution "RMS" finish reduce buildup of plastics in the shotgun bore • Stainless steel with black oxide finish, Gold band, Laser-etched • The latest Invector-Plus™ choke tube technology

Ordinarily, TiN is applied to metal to increase lubricity: high-end forks on road racing motorcycles have titanium nitride coatings on the front fork tubes to reduce stiction when the bike hits bumps while leaned over in a corner. In using this finish on choke tubes, Browning's intent would seem to be to make it just that little bit easier to unscrew the chokes in the heat of competition (which in any case should not be over tightened - just snug is fine) and, just possibly, to give them a little more eye appeal. Given Browning's commitment to quality, I have no doubt either choke tube will allow you to perform to your limit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts