Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a new member my name is John. This weekend the wife and I visited with her father. After a few hrs of talking he brings out an older shotgun. It had some surface rust and asked if I could clean it, I said sure. Merry Christmas he said to me. After getting home and looking it over I see in scoll engravings the words "Light Twelve" and "Browning" The serial # OG 192XX I understand that it was made in 1960??? After a few hrs. if cleaning it last night I have removed most rust (It needs more time getting rubbed :lol: ) Could anyone give me some info on these guns? How can I break it down? It does have a hairline crack in the forearm, is there anything I can do to prevent if from getting bigger?

This one is a 28 incher. It seems to be a fine made gun, but I do not know much about shotguns. How do they compair to the Remington 1100 (I was thinking of getting one of them when I had more cash)? I only have one other shotgun and thats a Mossy 500 pump 12 ga w/ a 30 in. brl.

Merry Chirstmas to all.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Great gift! I wouldn't recommend breaking it down any further than taking the barrel off unless you know what your doing. The A5 shotguns are made from a million parts and very complex (at least to me) in their design.

There are others here that are experts on the A5 models and can make recommendations on repairing the crack and removing the rust.

Merry Christmas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts