Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trade it in?
yes28.33%
no2291.67%

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking about trading my NOVA for a Mossberg 835 grandslam w/ the 20 inch bbl. My nova has the 24in and I find it a little bit bulky. I mostly use it for turkey, squirls, rabbits, and dove. I had a friend tell me that the overbored bbl on the mossberg doesn't pattern well w/ lighter loads and I was wondering if anyone had that problem. I would think the choke you used would take care of that and for everytrhing but turkey I shoot an IC choke.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Would you take $75-100 for the gun, if not then plan on keeping it, most likely all you will be offered. Sell it at you local thrifty nickel or otherwise handout paper.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Keep the old gun!
I can think of three or four guns I traded in and after-wards felt like kicking myself in the azz for doing it. :roll:
On top of that you will never get what the gun is really worth on a trade in so if you really feel the need to dump it sell to a private party.

·
Registered
352 Posts
KEEP IT! The dumbest thing I've ever done was trade in a beautiful BPS. What a crappy deal I got. I miss that gun every time I go shooting.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
As long as there are morons like Sarah(the commie)Brady in this world I have a non negotiable rule --don't get rid of any guns, just buy more.

·
Registered
482 Posts
My only regrets in life are the good guns that I have gotten rid of, never again.............

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Welcome to the group! I think you're gonna like it here!

I agree with the others, never sell, alway add :D

Bob

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right now money is an issue w/ me I'm 24 newlywed w/ a 2yr old daughter so adding on isn't in the budget. I think the 835 would handel anything I need to do w/ it I just was wondering if the overbored bbl would work w/ game loads. w/ the money that I have in the gun and the shop that I usualy do business w/ I know that I would be getting a fair shake w/ the trade.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Every guy I've seen at my club with a Mossberg either experiences jams or breakage. People buy them because they are cheap. Your NOVA will do everything the Mossberg can do, and is probably a better gun.

Tom

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have shot my 835 for years. I have had no problems with it at all. Would trade my Nova in for one. If the gun was not working for me then Yes. If not then, No and save up!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I NEVER trade in a gun. If I really want to dispose of it I sell it to someone through the newspapers or one of my clubs bullitin boards. I always get a lot more for the gun than I ever will on a trade off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts