Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking about trading my NOVA for a Mossberg 835 grandslam w/ the 20 inch bbl. My nova has the 24in and I find it a little bit bulky. I mostly use it for turkey, squirls, rabbits, and dove. I had a friend tell me that the overbored bbl on the mossberg doesn't pattern well w/ lighter loads and I was wondering if anyone had that problem. I would think the choke you used would take care of that and for everytrhing but turkey I shoot an IC choke.

· Registered
4,563 Posts
Keep the old gun!
I can think of three or four guns I traded in and after-wards felt like kicking myself in the azz for doing it. :roll:
On top of that you will never get what the gun is really worth on a trade in so if you really feel the need to dump it sell to a private party.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
As long as there are morons like Sarah(the commie)Brady in this world I have a non negotiable rule --don't get rid of any guns, just buy more.

· Registered
12,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right now money is an issue w/ me I'm 24 newlywed w/ a 2yr old daughter so adding on isn't in the budget. I think the 835 would handel anything I need to do w/ it I just was wondering if the overbored bbl would work w/ game loads. w/ the money that I have in the gun and the shop that I usualy do business w/ I know that I would be getting a fair shake w/ the trade.

· Registered
921 Posts
Every guy I've seen at my club with a Mossberg either experiences jams or breakage. People buy them because they are cheap. Your NOVA will do everything the Mossberg can do, and is probably a better gun.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.