Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Okay - so we know what NSSA are looking for in a new director and that they are actively looking.

but...

what do the members want?

who do the members want?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Candidates must be able to coordinate with committees, act as directed by the Executive Director and Executive Committee, and supervise a staff.
It matters not what the members want; it only matters what the Executive Director and Executive Committee want. Ever wonder why the Skeet Directors of recent times didn't last? I don't look for that to change any time soon given the current management environment. :roll:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Spader said:
who do the members want?

OK, who would you pick? Any of the previous Directors? Let's have some names.

Spader
It's an exercise in futility, pardner. Read dubob's post above. I wouldn't waste any time even thinking about it, because members interest is not in consideration.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Can someone chime in and list the last 10 or so directors that have served? I can think of Mike Dowling and Linda Mayes. I believe both didn't stay too long?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sobrepuesta said:
The title means nothing. The job description says it all: go-fer
I know that. Not sure why the comment? Just asking who were the previous directors, as I don't keep the old magazines. Thanks though.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The "why the comment" is because we have a couple of Trolls from the sporting clay side that know little about skeet but are determined to educate all us skeet shooter how everything about skeet should be done. They have all the answers, just ask them.

Ed

·
Registered
561 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
598 Posts
NSSA skeet directors 1996 - 2016
Eric Beckman
Don Snyder
Carl Hensch
Rick Stockstill
Linda Steen Mayes
Michael Dowling
Some of these had some split duties.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was working off of annuals, didn't see him or just missed him. Do you know where he fits in the list. Spoke with Don Snyder last week in San Antonio, he said some of the people before him had split duties.

·
Registered
134 Posts
hawkeye55 said:
Any updates?
They sent out some "rejection" e-mails last week so i guess they are in the process of narrowing the candidates down.

I'd be amazed if we get a name prior to the end of the National Sporting Clays Championship as HQ have other things to focus on.

I see no need for the new director to be in place prior to 1st Jan personally. New year / new start and all that.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
skeetfreak said:
I see no need for the new director to be in place prior to 1st Jan personally. New year / new start and all that.
Yup. The longer we go without one, the more you realize we probably don't need one!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts