Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I wish him the best and hope I can be of help. And if other members will do the same, that will go a long way. Also lets give him a chance before we start making bets.

Allen aka WAM

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
CobraKhan said:
The Burleys are absolutely great people and this is good news for us as members! Man I have to say though, sometimes folks will post inappropriate comments for really no benefit to anyone.
Ah, Jeez, don't get your knickers in a knot, boys. My comment was NOT directed at the Burleys; I don't know them. By all the testimonials, they must be good folks. My comments were aimed, rather, at the management of NSSA. If you recall from the other thread about the new skeet director, someone posted a rather long list of "very good folks" whose tenure as skeet director, at the Animal Farm known as headquarters, was short-lived. Moreover, from the posted position description it seems that the skeet director better be a yes-man or he, too, will be seeking new employment in short order.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
My bride and I have met the Burley's at several major shoots over the years and they are delightful folks to know. I believe they are originally from England and are legal immigrants here. :D Gary was self employed as a CMMI consultant for industry here (my bride worked CMMI for the DoD & don't ask). We both wish great success in this new venture for Gary.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Gary is a Brit that has transplanted to the US several years ago. Lives in the Boerne Texas area (northwest side of San Antonio) a 30-40 minute commute to NSC depending on which part of Boerne and the route taken. He and spouse are avid "skeeters" without a doubt. And both fun to be around.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
ShowMe said:
Check his shoot record.
Currently 'A' Class across the board with 23 registered shoots in 2016; so what's your point? :evil:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Give the guy a chance.

The Gary I know is very intelligent, shrewd, highly business focussed and IT literate........he can probably do a lot for the NSSA with your help.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Interesting there has not been a formal announcement through the weekly Target Talk email letter when there have been several weeks go by since the decision........

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hawkeye,
I imagine the National Sporting tournament kept staff from getting the announcement in the Target Talk. Both Gary Burley and Nathan Boyd (new special projects hire) have sent out letters to all the State Directors introducing themselves and giving a short background on their qualifications.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Special projects manager? What "special project/s" will he be managing? I hope one of them is the development of shoot management software that will be made available to clubs free!

It seems that staff is constantly being added at HQ and, yet, services to members and clubs is practically nonexistent. It is beginning to sound like one of those jokes that starts with "How many NSSA staffers does it take to replace a light bulb?"

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Well, the latest TargetTalk e-newsletter has the answer. Nathan Boyd is a lawyer and his "special project" is youth development for both skeet and sporting clays. It is, apparently, a new position.

From TargetTalk:
According to Executive Director, Michael Hampton Jr., special projects with youth development for both skeet and sporting clays will be a major part of Boyd's role. He will also be tasked with member retention and outreach to former club and individual members to encourage re-joining.
Pretty obviously, no one at NSSA is listening!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.