Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While back I decided to get an O/U for sporting clays. I’m current using a Fabarm XLR5LR. I was going to look at ‘B’ guns (687, 694, and 725), Fabarm Elos N2 and a CG Summit Sporting. A little over a week ago I was able to demo the N2 and the Summit at Orvis Hill Country, Blue Ridge Summit, PA. For me the Summit was the clear winner.

Today I took a day trip to Joe Etchen Guns so I could handle the Beretta and Browning models I was considering. I quickly eliminated the 694 and the 725. The Joel Etchen Signature 687 was in the running but the Summit, for me, won out.

A BIG shout out and many thanks to Joel Etchen and his staff. Such a pleasurable experience. I had BT-99 I was no longer using and Joel offered me a very attractive trade. Couple that with Joel’s extremely competitive pricing and now I’m a new Summit owner.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
While back I decided to get an O/U for sporting clays. I’m current using a Fabarm XLR5LR. I was going to look at ‘B’ guns (687, 694, and 725), Fabarm Elos N2 and a CG Summit Sporting. A little over a week ago I was able to demo the N2 and the Summit at Orvis Hill Country, Blue Ridge Summit, PA. For me the Summit was the clear winner.

Today I took a day trip to Joe Etchen Guns so I could handle the Beretta and Browning models I was considering. I quickly eliminated the 694 and the 725. The Joel Etchen Signature 687 was in the running but the Summit, for me, won out.

A BIG shout out and many thanks to Joel Etchen and his staff. Such a pleasurable experience. I had BT-99 I was no longer using and Joel offered me a very attractive trade. Couple that with Joel’s extremely competitive pricing and now I’m a new Summit owner.
Congrats on the new gun.

What made the Summit stand out over the B-Guns? What's the difference?

Not wanting to get into a debate, but I'm only a couple years into the sport and wonder what comes after my current 725, which I am very happy with

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new gun.

What made the Summit stand out over the B-Guns? What's the difference?

Not wanting to get into a debate, but I'm only a couple years into the sport and wonder what comes after my current 725, which I am very happy with
What made the Summit my choice was that it just felt better. I can't really quantify it, but mounting the gun was 'better'. Initial line of sight down the rib was better, with the 687 a very close second. Left hand felt better on the forearm. For me the Summit was just a more comfortable gun overall. Not that these were the deciding factors, but the wood on the Summit was nicer, and the decoration/embellishment of the receiver was nicer than the 694 and 725, with the 687 being fancier than the Summit. Maybe I had a preset bias toward the Summit since I shot it, but if any one of the other guns would have felt better I would have chosen one of them.

· Registered
193 Posts
I had a Beretta 682 with a trigger group that rattled and the recoil beat me to death

Sold and purchased Summit - what a difference. Superior fit and finish and recoil largely mitigated, the beretta had more field stock dimensions. They may have resolved that with the 684

I do find myself shooting my A400 more due to should problems but the CGs fit everything I was looking for with great customer service to boot for a quality mid range OU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts