Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, I'm new here, so take it easy on me....

I'm thinking on buying a practical shotgun for casual/occasional competition...I'm pretty big into CAS at the moment, and DEEP into college too, so I don't have a lot of time or money to spend on it, but it seems like an awesome sport, that I'd like to get into for a start at least right now.

I've owned an older Winchester defender, traded it off for a SxS 12ga for CAS (made $100 on the deal), it was a wooden stock version that had been police issue with a good deal of 'slicking up' done, with bead front sight and a peep rear sight, it made a great confidence builder as I moved to the city for school and was a great bunny gun, and I noted in the last Win. Catalog I got I can get a new one with both a pistol grip and a full stock (syn.) for $383 MSRP or just a full stock version for $333 MSRP, so I'm thinking it would be worth it at least just to play with. I haven't been able to find any info on Rem 870 tactical model new prices, and I have a problem with buying used guns if there's a new one available....basically, I'm wondering how yall think the 1300 defender measures up for the money???

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the defender for a few months, and I do not at all regret buying it instead of a Remington or Mossberg. I have a Side Saddle on it along with a CQB Solutions sling and a Speedfeed IV stock. Haven't had one jam or malfunction of any type after over 700 rounds shot through. I plan on using it for Tac matches very soon (this Saturday). I love the 7+1 capacity too.

Usually, they can be found for about $300 at gun stores, or at big sporting goods chains for a little less (mine was $270 at Big 5). I highly recommend getting a Speedfeed IV for it too if you to use a pistol grip stock. It is a very nice stock.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I LOVE MY 1300 DEFENDER!!!

I orderded the combo ($381) with which comes with both pistol grip, and regular plastic stock. GREAT GUN!! easy to clean, and light to handle. I also added a sling, and it looks bad ***!

·
Registered
42 Posts
my defender has been flawless, it also has the wood forearm and stock. www.GTdits.com carries the Remington 870P but you have to be an officer to purchase any of their firearms. check with some of your local gun shops, they might be able to special order it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts