Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself to the forum since this seems like a good community of Beretta shotgun enthusiasts, one of which I am quickly becoming. For my 21st birthday I made a list of items I might like and just gave it out for people to buy things off of (due to the extensive complaining that no one knew what they wanted to get me). Anyways, one of the items on my list was simply "shotgun", because I have a friend who like to go shooting and took me one time, and I loved it. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that my girlfriend's mom and boyfriend got me a brand new Beretta AL391 Urika.

I took it out shooting in the mountains and could not contain my excitement all day. I was truly saddened when it was time to leave, and since I got it have disassembled it several times just because... well... it's just so addicting.

I have been doing some reading about the uses for different types of shotguns and I have realized that I have absolutely NO IDEA of what this gun is designed for. I know that I am so unworthy of this shotgun due to my total ignorance of shotguns and guns in general, but I would really love to learn what sporting activities other Beretta owners enjoy engaging in with their AL391's. Honestly, I could see myself enjoying ANYTHING that involves firing my shotgun :)

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I know that I am so unworthy of this shotgun due to my total ignorance of shotguns and guns in general, but
No Buts about it....Send the gun to me....I will take good care of it till you become very worthy :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to SGW Too :)W :B3 {hs# ^o^

I have absolutely NO IDEA of what this gun is designed for....

Honestly, I could see myself enjoying ANYTHING that involves firing my shotgun
(00 or you will go {CR8

·
Registered
502 Posts
strongboy, that is one sweet bd present. can you give your girlfriends mom and boyfriend my christmas list?
And why is your girlfriends boyfriend buying you a gun? hmmmmm

All kidding aside. Welcome to SGW.
I think that you will find that there is absolutly no shotgun related past time that your 391 will not give you years of enjoyment. trap, skeet, sporting clays, upland, waterfowl ect.
And it will do it well as long as you do your part in maintaining it. Which I am sure you will. And as long as you do not become infected, as many of us do,with gotahavanother syndrome.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mighty fine gift! My husband and I both have 391s (his is 12 gauge, and mine is 20 gauge) and we're big fans. I also now have a 12-ga 3901 that I'm in love with.

Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the warm welcome.

I have another beginners question: how necessary is it that I get my gun "fitted" to me? I am 6'4" 225 lbs, so I would be beyond what would be considered average size... How much could I expect to pay to get my new al391 fitted to me?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
:?:
Which 391 did you get?
Field or Sporting, Trap or Parallet Target.........

About all you can change is the stock shims for cast on/off (left or right handed) and DAC (drop at comb);
LOP (Length of Pull)

:idea: An Instructor can give you a once over and see if it fits close or not :wink:

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
You have the 391 Urika Field......

With the synthetic stock, about all you can do to fit the gun to you is mess with the stock shims and length of pull.

LOP: when you have the gun mounted as if ready to shoot, Where is your thumb in relationship to your nose??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RWH24 said:
With the synthetic stock, about all you can do to fit the gun to you is mess with the stock shims and length of pull.

LOP: when you have the gun mounted as if ready to shoot, Where is your thumb in relationship to your nose??
Well, assuming I am holding the gun correctly (cheek pressed into side of stock, right eye peering directly down barrel), the tip of my nose is approximately 6 inches from my thumb (of the hand holding the trigger).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts