Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a police trade in 870 today for $179. It is parkerized with an 18" bbl and synthetic stock. I bought a 4 shot sidesaddle for it as well. The gun functions well, and it looks as if it hasn't been shot much at all. The only thing cosmetic wrong with it is scratching and wear on teh triggerguard from the vehicle mount.

I plan to put some ghost ring sights on it later on, and I would like some suggestions (links to please :)) as to good buys and function. This gun will mainly be a beater/HD.

·
Registered
55 Posts
FWIW, I had one of MMC's "banded tactical front sight"s on a Mossberg 590. It was OK, but 12 Gauge recoil is pretty rough on anything tha isn't screwed or soldered on. After a few shots, it would move around. As long as you go with a soldered front sight, the MMC ghost-ring sight system looks pretty good to me. It's been around for quite a while, too.

"Beater" aka "truck gun" aka "working gun". Not a "safe queen"! :lol:

G

·
CE,
I have the same concerns as "Familyguy45". The MMC ghost ring sights will have a tendency to swivel on the muzzel. Solder is the only way to go. One of the best functional, practical/tactical and good looking ghostring set ups is VANCOMPSYSTEMS. I don't have a link, although a little research will save you time and headaches to come.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Scattergun Technologies Trak Lock Ghost Ring Sights are by far the best. All the others have protective "wings"/blinders to protect the sights in case you drop the shotgun.

The Scattergun sights are heat treated to withstand a drop of 4 feet onto concrete. I have never seen a set damaged.

Thanks,
Lee
http://www.thearmsroom.com

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have those and they are sweet...
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts