Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting into shooting and i might get a reloader for x-mas.
a friend of mine has a old 12guage reloader thats pretty complex
it has all the stages of reloading all you do is put a shell in and pull the lever put another shell in pull the lever. and evrytime it puts out a loaded shell. any one know who makes it and what it might be worth???

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Don't have a clue with the lack of info that you've provided.

It could be a half dozen different machines.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Skibumgsxr,

Ask your friend of the make and model and post here.

I know of no reloader other than maybe commercial ones that have an automatic wad feed. Ponsness Warren (PW) and Dillion makes 12 ga loaders with automatic hull feeders.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
$1,800 for the P-W 800B Size-O-Matic, even with a hydraulic attachment, is nonsense. It is probably the result of a misunderstanding from his father all those years ago.

The old 800B was an excellent press. I wish I had never sold the one I had.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I think $500.00 is kinda steep for that old of a reloader. Even if is a PW. You can buy a new PW for not much more than that, I think. You might want to look around an check prices before you buy.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Tell him you can buy a brand new MEC 9000GN for $329, including shipping, from Connie's Components and that's what you'll give him for the P-W.

You'll both have a good deal -- yours possibly slightly better than the seller's if the P-W is truly in mint condition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with Case. Tell him It's worth $300 to you and see what happens. If you get it for that I think you made a good purchase. I really want to purchase a new 800 plus, but $699.00 is pretty steep even though you would have it forever. The design of the 800B to the 800 plus of today is not that different.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Case is right on the money, excuse the pun. The going price on ebay for an 800B is around $300 which is more than they cost new back in the day. $500 is way too much. New the 800 plus is often on sale at $679 and it is a world ahead of the old one.

Here is a link and you can check the prices. http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.com/ponsness_Reloading-Equipment_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsacatZ31823QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbsQQsotrZ2

The old machines can be a real pain at times to get dialed in but once you are there they make good reloads. As stated, in 12 ga, you would likely be much better served with a new Mec.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Yeah, personally I wouldn't be interested in that P-W at any price. Well... Maybe a couple hundred bucks, and I could make a honeybee selling it on eBay.

Connie's price for the 9000GN is the lowest on the planet, and it includes the new 200-capacity primer feed, which supposedly fixes some irritations of the previous one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i dont know the first thing on reloading but first time i saw it i thought it was amazing. the reason i was asking about it was im getting a 12g pump or auto and thought it would be nice to have cause i dont like the thought of just leaving shells on the ground or throwing them away when they can be used agan.

p.s. you guys are so helpful i love this forum

thanks
andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts