Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just found this site and I am in need of some advice.
Had a guy who owed me some money about 500-600 bucks. He offered me an SKB 585 waterfowler to forgive the debt. I had never heard of SKB, looked them up and seems like a good deal, if it did not fit me I could sell it for maybe a little more. Anyway, it has had only about two boxes of 7 1/2 shot lead run through it, so it was in excellent condition, so I took it. Well, never having owned a O/U I really didn't know what to expect. It throws up very well, feels great, until I pull the trigger, the gun seems to crack my cheek bone. Is this cause it doesn't fit? Or is it my technique. I have shot many different rifles but not many shotguns and have never had this problem before. My only other shotgun is an 870. I hit what I aim at but it gets painful. Is there something I can do to the gun?

·
Registered
285 Posts
It may very well be the "fit"--which could be a number of things. I would take it to a local gunsmith (someone who know about shotgun fit--not just sells or repairs guns) and have him look at the gun, how you mount it and the resulting fit. He may be able to offer suggestions.

It really can't be one via correspondence.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hard to tell what the problem(s) is (are) at a distance, but as you are an inexperienced shotgunner, the painful rap you feel is probably due in part to the way you mount your gun, in part gun fit, and possibly the use of overpowered shells. If you can find a qualified shotgun instructor in your area, schedule a lesson and see if the difficulty can's be fixed with some basic instruction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.