Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
A 7' shotgun barrel? I'm not sure I'm up to that. It would take the better part of the day to just get the thing up in the air to shoot. Steel shot at 900-1000 feet per second? I guess if you can shoot them at 10 or 15 yds. The general rule for reloading has become that fast fast steel at and above 1550fps is needed to achieve effective results.I just dont see the avg Joe heading down the ramp or to the pit unless they sell a gun bearer to go with it. There is a fine line between hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I remember a write-up in the Minneapolis paper a few seasons back on these. Not sure, but I think they are converted by some guy here in Minnesota.Looks uncomfortable to handle to me.... Mike RossLife Member, NAHCMember, National Rifle AssociationMember, Meeker Co. Historical Society

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Mike, I think you are thinking of the Metro barrel, that was supposed to be set up for areas that the noise from the blast was supposed to be a problem, at ranges where houses has slowly snuck in on them. This looks like a step in the same direction.I can't see that either one as being a great idea, but its good to see that there are still those out there that go, I wonder what would happen if I tried this and then live to tell about it! There is a fine line between hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
332 Posts
When I saw the ad for the barrel I thought it was a mistake. I hoped it was. It is, isn't it? If you want to check for blockage in the bore you would need 2 people..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok, lets say this thing doesn't generate as much noise as the conventional barrel, but seriously, that thing would be like drawing a huge in toward yourself while in swing. The noise might not scare them but for it to work they need to camo the last 4 feet in sky blue. Browning A-5 "Til Hell or High Water!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.