Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a NIB Bobwhite 20ga from Gunbroker. First time at the skeet range to test it out. First thing I did was test the safety. First tigger fired. Second trigger does what it's supposed to do. Want through a box of shells. First trigger fires with safety on every time. Even once when closing the action.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Call CZ bright and early Monday morning, they will send you a shipping label, and get you fixed right up.

cdb

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
If it is NIB, and has never been registered, I would say it still has a 5 year warranty.

cdb

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
I second everything that has been said here. CZ-USA has some of the best and fastest Customer Service in the business. They pay shipping both ways and typically have the gun back in your hands in well under 30 days.

Your concern that an '06 gun might be out of warranty is justified, but as cdb said, if the serial number has never been registered for warranty purposes then you have a 5 year warranty on the gun. In the event that the seller on Gunbroker did you dirty and sold you a used gun and called it NIB CZ would be under no obligation to provide a warranty but there have been several stories told here of people that bought used guns and CZ went ahead and provided repair service at no charge as if the gun was still under warranty. CZ is an honorable company and honestly want people to like their guns. They seem to take the attitude that it's better to do a little free repair work and make a customer happy than to be sticklers about warranty work.

Just a thought though.....If you still can I think it would be a good idea to take a screen shot of the Gunbroker advert and include that with the letter you send with the gun. That way CZ would know for certain that you did in fact believe you were buying a NIB gun. Not necessary IMO but none-the-less a good idea.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the helpful reply's.

I contacted the seller. He inherited a collection from his father and he had 2 of these shotguns. Both never out of the box. While on the phone with me, he checked the other gun and said it works as it should so we are swapping out. He will fix the one with the issues himself. He was very apologetic and thankful no one was injured. He has sold some out of this collection that were other gauges to friends and was going to contact them to make sure they were operating correctly.

I think this speaks of this community. Most people within the gun community are honest and will do what is right. I lucked out with him having another one. He was about to post it. He said he would've helped me fix this one if the option of the second one wasn't available.

So far this is heading in a positive direction.

·
Registered
23,202 Posts
Excellent :!: :!:

cdb

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sounds like a great seller. I have never had a bad experience on GB and have bought several guns there. But I have heard of a few bad transactions. Unfortunately, like everything in life, it only takes a few bad ones to make them all look bad to the uninformed. Glad this is all working out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.