Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may already know this site but I just found it and thought I'd share.

If you look down the left hand side and click on the state it will give you a pretty good list of places to shoot clays.

http://www.shotgunsports.com/clayguid.htm

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Richard,

I prefer to use http://www.wheretoshoot.org as there is out of date material on claytargetsonline.com - for example, Skyway Trap and Skeet Club is closed, and due to the current conditions civvy's are not allowed into McDill.

However, that being said wheretoshoot.org has some closed ranges listed, (Blackjack)

All these guys are dependent on the range owners keeping them up to date.

But we can all use all the listed sites - good idea to raise the subject JLPTexas..... AH heck you know who you are. :lol:

Roger
Roger

·
Registered
457 Posts
The thing I like about the claytargets site is that it has a big map of the state so I can find places near where we're staying. Many times clubs are in small towns that I've never heard of and have no clue as to their location in relation to where we're staying. Wheretoshoot can map each club, but it would be really nice to be able to pull up a map of the whole state.

G

·
Actually - I checked all the sites above for our local clubs and they were all out-of-date. If you have access to one, we really like having a copy of Wing & Clay - it's published each year and we can throw it in the car when we go on trips. The 2004 copy is supposed to be out shortly.

Speaking of trips, although Topeka, Kansas doesn't have much, we do have eight places to shoot trap, skeet and/or clays within an hour. Time your trip right and you can also hit the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City for some NASCAR, or Heartland Park in Topeka for some NHRA action.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just bumping this thing back to the top. The question has come up a couple of times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.