Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color lens works the best for shooting at night under lights? Some say clear some say yellow. What say you.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
The only time I've seen yellow help, or was told yellow helped was when using yellow dome Remingtons, but they were terribly hard for me to see without color.

Best deal is all white targets, good lights and clear lenses----for me at least. If there is any background lights (ball parks/arenas etc.) I am screwed :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
I use yellow and if the lighting is good, the domes look like flying saucers. Actually perfer shooting at night as it really highlights the path of the target and you don't lose it in the background at all.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
SShooterZ hit it on the "head" for me. :) I also use yellow and prefer shooting at night for the same reasons.

My best scores have been at night.

Happy shooting..................................Levi

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We shoot all orange targets under lights (night). Do you think the yellow would help me see them better???????

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the Ranger XL with 3 lens one being the pale yellow. I will let everyone know how they preform.

Thanks to all for the replies.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shot with the Ranger XL's last night in league. I used the pale yellow lens. They fit well and the lens color seem right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.