Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
What I do know from my limited duck hunting experience...(ie: Use at own risk :b )1) SCOUT! SCOUT!! SCOUT!!! Easiest way to get ducks to commit to your decoys is to have decoys setup where the ducks want to be.2) Don't over call. Call the ducks "on the corners", meaning when they are flying away from you, or when they turn to circle, NEVER when they're coming straight toward you. If they are coming straight toward you and thier wings are locked, let them do thier thing! 3) Be aware of how loud your calling is based on trees, water conditions, etc. and compensate to not make it so loud as to echo throughout the entire marsh.4) Don't skybust. Try to keep your shots at around 30-45 yards MAX. Otherwise you'll ruin other hunter's chances, and they in turn will attempt to ruin yours.5) Practice your calling at every possible moment. In the car is best. --Wing"Believe me, Delmar, Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man!" -- Ulysses Everett McGill, to his friend, Delmar O'Donnell, in O Brother, Where Art Thou?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.