Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No edit feature...I will not continue to post.

I am the first to say that fat fingers and poor spelling have always been my downfall. Usually I can catch it..sometimes I don't.
The inability to correct/clarify a post on this web site is akin to living with 1960's technology. It IS possible so why don't we have it. Maybe this site should take a few lessons from ASSA and see how it is done. Or do these guys even care ?(I cannot accept the idea that it cannot be done).

So until it changes....Good Bye it has been nice !

·
Registered
384 Posts
Very sorry to loose you !!!!! You seem to have a lot of knowledge and experience and I have enjoyed your posts.

I do, however, completely understand and even agree with your reasons. I too am not used to not having edit capabilities.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Neophyte:
I wish you would reconsider.
I have to completely agree with you tho.
I phatt phinger words also and sometimes trasverse numbers. I wish there were an edit feature also.
Wish you would stay. Experienced shooters are needed here in this slug shooting game of part black art, part science.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Between me having fat fingers, and nerve damage to my finger tips, they don't always hit the right letters on my keyboard. I figure if someone is going to nit pick about my typing .... well the can just stuff it. It is our knowledge that we share, that is important :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EUREKA !!!!!!! I may have found out why so many of us do not have an edit feature when we log in. If you have the "Disable BBCode in this post" box checked it will NOT show an edit capability. If is is blank you have that option. (Now why didn't they let that be know as new posters knowledge . Go figure.)

Thanks for the head's up that some of you can post. That got me doing some searching..... I think this is the solution.

If that IS the case for EVERYONE....I AM BACK !

Please acknowledge if it works for you.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that was a brief feeling of success.
It seems that the administrator will determine who can or who cannot edit their postings. Interesting. Besides an option to remove your post totally it seems that they can put you into a 'lock step" options of their own capricious definition. I guess the Ist Amendment to the Constitution is being redefined by the respective administrators.

·
Registered
556 Posts
neophyte said:
Well that was a brief feeling of success.
It seems that the administrator will determine who can or who cannot edit their postings. Interesting. Besides an option to remove your post totally it seems that they can put you into a 'lock step" options of their own capricious definition. I guess the Ist Amendment to the Constitution is being redefined by the respective administrators.
As has been said here before the 1st Amendment does not apply here as this is a paid for sight (forum) privately owned that we only have
the privilege of using & they say what is to be and not to be.

I can for one live with what they ask to gain the knowledge
that lives on the forum.

Ps: you can lose the privilege fast.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If opinions are made public for the benefit of the users. that is one thing. To censure out what someone is saying (short of obcenities or vile language) is another. It IS open to the web for viewing is it not? Their support is hardly one of altruistic nature I can assure you. Other forums on this site are open .why not ours ? Is the market that fragile ?

If that is the case the 'sheep can continue to post' and consider this a beneficial dictatorship . I cannot concure with that drakonian mindset. I imagine this statement will get me banned from posting . If that is the case, so be it.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
eye shot said:
I guess this site was made for people from the east coast or upstate NY! When people visit my house I treat them better than this. If it's open to the public you should have a toilet!- Go Neo!
Don't confuse upstate NY with NYC... the rest of NY, including upstate, is as much a "red state" as anywhere else in the country, and much more like Appalachia than Metropolis.

·
Registered
556 Posts
neophyte said:
If opinions are made public for the benefit of the users. that is one thing. To censure out what someone is saying (short of obscenities or vile language) is another. It IS open to the web for viewing is it not? Their support is hardly one of altruistic nature I can assure you. Other forums on this site are open .why not ours ? Is the market that fragile ?

If that is the case the 'sheep can continue to post' and consider this a beneficial dictatorship . I cannot concure with that drakonian mindset. I imagine this statement will get me banned from posting . If that is the case, so be it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No edit feature...I will not continue to post.

I am the first to say that fat fingers and poor spelling have always been my downfall. Usually I can catch it..sometimes I don't.
The inability to correct/clarify a post on this web site is akin to living with 1960's technology. It IS possible so why don't we have it. Maybe this site should take a few lessons from ASSA and see how it is done. Or do these guys even care ?(I cannot accept the idea that it cannot be done).

So until it changes....Good Bye it has been nice !
Talk about changing your line???????
First it was an edit feature missing now it is about being censored?????????????

Try the preview button & there is a thing called spell check that is a free program.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Neo, way back when a poster frequently edited his posts (and others) well after the fact to much chagrin. When called on it he deleted the majority of posts he'd ever made to the forum. Made for an awful mess if you can imagine.

As long as he is present, I don't believe we'll ever see the edit function back on this forum.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't know if this will be "allowed thru" but here goes.
The editing feature (as you well know) on ASSA indicates the time of ANY editing that takes place in the original post. THAT can be done here to indicate a change,(even for fat fingers).A reason for change can also be noted as a part of this feature. That is really a no brainer. As for changing OTHER peoples post I know of NO other blog that allows this except for the original author of the post. As I said before inappropriate posts can be removed for cause. Really should be stated in the blank block.

This site has no moderator. The administrators have allowed this condition to exist. It is time for a change.

As for my comment about caprecious editing. I still stand by that. For cause is one thing. Say it. Arbitrarily applied it is a form of absolute censorship. And this is not a change of topics.
It is simply and expansion of the first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
drsfmd said:
eye shot said:
I guess this site was made for people from the east coast or upstate NY! When people visit my house I treat them better than this. If it's open to the public you should have a toilet!- Go Neo!
Don't confuse upstate NY with NYC... the rest of NY, including upstate, is as much a "red state" as anywhere else in the country, and much more like Appalachia than Metropolis.
GREAT post! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.