Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Even if you could find it, why?
If you can't pulverize clays or dove with a 2 3/4 dove/quail load then it's you not the ammo! :roll:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
david555 said:
I appreciate the hints and coomments, but im not really doing unreasonably bad (at least thats what i keep telling myself )
:arrow: the only way to get better is to practice.

I was really more interested in a reason behind them not being popular. It seems to me their would be a market for them.
:arrow: The reason they are not popular is that their not needed, not to mention the expense!
The main reason for the longer hulls is for increased payload(more shot) and a 1 or 1 1/8 oz. load is more then adequate for doves or clays.

Also im looking into a 3.5 autoloader and would hate to not be able to use it for dove loads.
:arrow: Remember bigger is not always better! A auto with 3" chambers is more then you'll ever need for most target or hunting needs. A 3 1/2" shell is more of a specialty round then anything, even the good old 3" is too in many ways considering a 2 3/4" round will handle 99% of what shooter needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.