Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading for awhile and have gotten lot of good information and just registered. My son and I have recently started 5 stand trap shooting and are having a great time. Anyway, does anyone have suggestions for a replacemant pad for a Remington 1100 12 gauge that won't require any modifications and won't be significantly thicker.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
If they are synthetic 1100's the Remington R3 pad (Limbsaver part number 10101) are made for that gun.

If it's wood, call or write Limbsaver and they'll give you the part number to buy.

http://www.limbsaver.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jlptexashunter
Thanks for the info. I called the folks at Limbsaver (SVL) and they were very nice. My 1100 has a wood stock and they told me to print out a template from their web page and match it up. I did that and found one that matched the size, but the screw holes were off. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get it to fit on right. Any thoughts?

Also, Clayshooter 25/25...Thanks for the Welcome.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
HI CLAYSHOOTER:Welcome to the forum.This is one way to do it.get a dowel rod a little bit smaller than the holes in the pad and push one into one of the holes until the pad bulges out,then take a razor blade and make a small cut in the pad and let the dowel rod come on through.Now do the same for the other hole in the pad.Next get a dowel rod and elmers wood glue and plug up your present holes in your stock.Once it sets up,take your pad and push a center punch or phillips screwdriver through the holes hard enough to make a mark on your stock.Now drill a 1/8" (usualy) hole in your stock and your holes will be lined up.Use some grease on your screwdriver and it won't tear up your new pad.Its really not a hard job at all.Good luck. sj :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts