Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot some nobel sport 3" shells at clay pigeons in 410 and were very surprised. First 2 were in an o/u and when I took them out of the barrel one was melted down to a 2 1/2" size and the other one was melted about 1/4" down from the top. Also had one shot in a Rem 1100 410 completely come apart. Brass came out and plastic stayed in the barrel. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the 3" nobel sport OR are my guns just to HOT for the shells!!! Out of 3 boxes(BRAND NEW SHELLS) I have yet to save one to reload. Also shot the 2 1/2" nobel sport and they do very well and have loaded them 5 plus times, but the 3" do the MELT DOWN BLUES :cry: [/b]

· Registered
17,858 Posts
Sounds like you are shooting 3" shells in a 2 1/2" chamber. Is that possible?? If your gun does in fact have 3" chamber, I wouldn't buy any more of the danged things!

BP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hunter,
i shot the nobel 3" out of my 410 and got the same results, and my gun is made for 3" shells, i decided it was the plastic and wouldn't use them anymore if i were reloading

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.