Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used this brand primer? if so what has been your experance with them? they are 1/2 the price of winchester and cci 209's i've thought about trying some but would like some opinions.

·
Administrator
23,322 Posts
510Wells said:
I use them all the time. They're a direct replacement for Winchester 209s.
Actually they are kinda in between the Rem 209 and the ww 209. Use them to replace the ww 209 as per the Hodgdon printed manual and have no pressure problems.
RSR1950:
I thought there was no such thing as a former or ex Marine :lol: Thanks for your sevice to the ole USA

·
Registered
992 Posts
Been using them for a couple of years and find they work great as a ww209 replacement. However, some will not have the flash hole covered and I do no use these for ball powders. Otherwise, they work great. One caution. These primes will enlarge the primer pocket on most hulls just enough that a WW or Remmie primer will be a loose fit...if at all. So I segregate those hulls that I use the Nobelsport primer from the other fired hulls. In essence, I use them in Rem club and sport hulls exclusively so the id process if very simple. Use these primers and enjoy the savings. :wink:

Honer

·
Administrator
23,322 Posts
thehoner said:
Been using them for a couple of years and find they work great as a ww209 replacement. However, some will not have the flash hole covered and I do no use these for ball powders. Otherwise, they work great. One caution. These primes will enlarge the primer pocket on most hulls just enough that a WW or Remmie primer will be a loose fit...if at all. So I segregate those hulls that I use the Nobelsport primer from the other fired hulls. In essence, I use them in Rem club and sport hulls exclusively so the id process if very simple. Use these primers and enjoy the savings. :wink:

Honer
Are you sure about that, I have not found that to be true. We regularly put ww primers in shells that had Nobel Sports in them and they don't fall out, Not the case with hulls that had Rio primers in them

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have used a lot of the Noble primers. I have found they run just a little larger than the Winchester 209's. You can put Winchesters in where the Nobles have been used. They won't fall out but they are a little loose. Never had a problem with a one of them. FWIW Grade6man

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I personally prefer the Fiocchis, which cost just slightly more, but obviously I think fairly highly of the NobelSports, since I've got upwards of 40,000 of them.

Anyone would be a total fool to pay the ridiculous price for W209s.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Yup, Nobel Sports primers work fine. I find they slightly increase the primer pocket, or at least the first time I seat one, I notice a bit more difficulty getting them fully seated. My first 10k or so I would find one in a hundred with an uncovered flash hole, but I haven't seen any uncovered in my last 5K I've used. Seems to me their QA was improved. Direct substitution for WW209.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I feel the primers are a little harder than some. I often have FTF in the top barrel of my Browning Superposed and both barrels in my Ruger Red Label. Most likely the gun contributes to this. I have occasional FTF in my BT-99. None of these guns have FTF's using Winchester or Cheddite primers.

Your milage may vary.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Case said:
I personally prefer the Fiocchis, which cost just slightly more, but obviously I think fairly highly of the NobelSports, since I've got upwards of 40,000 of them.

Anyone would be a total fool to pay the ridiculous price for W209s.
Case, speaking for the "total fools", I use W209's while shooting 20ga in my tubed Remington 3200. Reason? I had frequent failure-to-fires with NobelSports. Changing to W209's solved my failure-to-fire issues.

Wanna sell me thos W209's that you have no use for? :D

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
dentexark said:
I had frequent failure-to-fires with NobelSports. Changing to W209's solved my failure-to-fire issues.
I've shot thousands of Fiocchis and NobelSports in both tubes and plain barrels and never had a FTF, except several in AAHS hulls.

The hulls were the problem — not the primers.

I'm saving them as artifacts to put in a museum.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Case said:
dentexark said:
I had frequent failure-to-fires with NobelSports. Changing to W209's solved my failure-to-fire issues.
I've shot thousands of Fiocchis and NobelSports in both tubes and plain barrels and never had a FTF, except several in AAHS hulls.

The hulls were the problem - not the primers.

I'm saving them as artifacts to put in a museum.
Case,
Whatever the problem was, changing to W209 primers solved it. Case closed (pardon the pun...) :roll:

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
"...and over here ladies and gentlemen, we have the Domestic Primer Exhibit. Believe it or not, there actually was a time when the U.S. made primers that were competitively priced!"

Chorus: oooohs & aaaaaahs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.