Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
They should fit fine in the hulls you had with Fio 616 primers.

·
Registered
992 Posts
They will not turn a mouses ear into a two-stall garage, but they will definitely enlarge the primer pocket on a hull that had a standard 209 primer. If you can buy them on the cheap do so...and use them wherever the recipe calls for a WW 209...so sayeth the sage of loading manuals. :lol:

·
Administrator
23,325 Posts
Shoot2reload said:
I've never understood the problem with the whole "enlarged primer pocket" thing.

If you're buying 10,000 NobelSports, aren't the hulls going to be worn out before your supply of primers?

Not an issue!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Not an issue if you stay with Nobelsport consistently. However, if one goes from the larger primer to a smaller one then one can experience powder burn blowby past the primer to the face of the breech....as seen on the gun and the base of the hull. Not a good thing. Thus I use my Nobelsports in the same gun club hulls and avoid this issue. :roll:

·
Administrator
23,325 Posts
thehoner said:
Not an issue if you stay with Nobelsport consistently. However, if one goes from the larger primer to a smaller one then one can experience powder burn blowby past the primer to the face of the breech....as seen on the gun and the base of the hull. Not a good thing. Thus I use my Nobelsports in the same gun club hulls and avoid this issue. :roll:
Have yet to witness that, but if you insist, I will agree. But have you ever used a micrometer on a bunch of Nobel Sport primers? You should, Oh, and measure some WW 209 while you are busy. I have.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtop ... rimer+size

You can fill in the data on the Nobel Sports after you gather it.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I routinely switch back and forth between Fiocchis and NobelSports in AAHS and Remington hulls and they both seat firmly.

After either, you can almost seat a W209 primer all the way with your fingers.

Just stick to the Fiocchis and NobelSports and you'll have no problem.

I have several cases of W209s but I haven't used them in ages.

I'm saving them to place as artifacts in a museum.

·
Registered
17,957 Posts
Case;

I'm starting a museum, I need some examples of sleeves of WW 209 primers. Can you help me out? :?

:wink:

BP

PS, Send them along with the shot, would'ya?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Curly. First off...Merry Christmas. Secondly, I do not have nor do I use a Micrometer but I could borrow one from my Millwright older brother. Even then, I doubt if I would use it to measure primers. My statements are based on observation and experience...not measurments....not to discount the latter..However, Case states my answer quite well in his post on this matter. :)

Honer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.