Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skeet travels at about 66 feet per second and it takes about one second to pass over the cross over marker.

A shotgun shell shoots the pellets about 1200 feet per second.

Bean bags travel out of a shotgun at about 300 feet per second.

Tracers come out of a shotgun and land hot, causing fires.

Isn't there something that can be shot out of a shotgun that goes 1200 feet per second, but can show a person where the pellets are going in relation to the target....a tracer that doesn't land hot? Even a slug would work.

I have checked all over the internet and can find nothing.

MarlandS
Shotgun Expert
(9/21/02 7:40:22 pm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've seen something like you are describing, it's little disks loaded into the shell I think...... time to do some searching...

Shotgunworld
Forum Owner
(9/21/02 11:45:29 pm)
Re: Jay Your Vast Knowledge Please
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tru-Tracer
Manufactured by ION Industries, Inc.
PO Box 642, Cudahy, WI 53110
(414) 486-2007 FAX: 2017
President: Robert D. Stevens
ION Industries, Inc. is proud to announce the reintroduction of the new and improved Tru-Tracer. Tru-Tracer has been completely redesigned and is now available in a variety of brilliant tracer colors and is extremely reliable even in adverse shooting conditions. Our advanced tracer technology utilizes less than one grain of pyrotechnic element for optimum safety. Tru-Tracer is offered in 7/8 oz., 1 oz., and 1 1/8 oz. loads, in shot size no. 7 1/2, 8 and 9. Tru-Tracer's unique ability to illuminate a point marking the center and leading edge of the shotstring made it an ideal training tool for instructors to quickly identify a shooter's technical problems, and also provides the shooter with a visual reference to make appropriate adjustments.

I'll keep trying.
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com
Shotgunworld.com

Shotgunworld
Forum Owner
(9/21/02 11:52:47 pm)
Dang I'm good! Try the link below....
www.firequest.com/catalog...ition.html
regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com
Shotgunworld.com

cD Tanthalas
Shotgun Expert
(9/25/02 9:34:59 am)
hehe score one for the home team

Howie1049
Unregistered User
(9/25/02 12:44:35 pm)
Hey Jay, didn't reloaders use to put some kind of power into their reloads to help mark pattern location in the air when shooting ?? Shells

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.