Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello shotgun world! im new here and im just wondering if the remington 870 wingmaster can you use that to shoot deer, little varmint stuff along those lines aswell? Just asking because its called "Wingmaster" thought it might just be good for shooting birds... thanks in advance!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Of course you can. A Wingmaster can do anything if A. the shooter is up to it and B, it is set up for it.

Two of my WMs are slug shooters and HD tools. Set up includes peep sights and sling studs. I've benched both and found a slug they "Like".

There's at least 10 deer behind each one.

The rifle sighted, smoothbore slug barrels are a good addition to a long barreled WM. They can be used for HD with suitable loads and venison acquisition tools too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
dont' worry about being a 'noob. I have one shotgun (though check back in about a week, and i might own two), and it's the same one i've had for 10 years now... the 870 Wingmaster.

There isn't a SINGLE person on this forum that will say it's a bad gun. 6 million of these bad-boys have been made (the 870 that is, not just the wingmaster).

I'm very glad the express wasn't an option when i was buying my gun... i would kick my self everyday for not putting up the extra cash. What's the difference, like 150-200 bucks? divide that up over 10 years, and it's only 15-20 dollars a year extra i've spent! About a 1.50 a month.. chump change!

If you feel like you can't afford the wingmaster model, look for a used one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!!! After owning and shooting many different pumps, I have decided the 870 is the one for me. I own 4 and will add to my collection. It will serve you well in any shooting you'd like to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.